Soaring by Kristen Ashley

Soaring

by Kristen Ashley

I cried more than once through this one. Laughed a lot too but the thought of alienating my kids to the point they wanted nothing to do with me and then having to go through all the emotions of trying to get them to forgive you ripped me in two.

I also liked that this series is with more mature characters and shows that just because you’re in your late 40’s that you still can make the same mistakes in relationships you made in your twenties but now you’re dealing with a lot more baggage along with being parents of teenage kids and all the drama that comes with that.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
So you all have probably figured out by now that I am HUGE Kristen Ashley fan. I have never read a Kristen Ashley book that I did not love. I swear, she just gets me. I love that she writes characters that are outside today's norm of the 20-22 year old new adult heroine. Kristen's characters are typically in the 28-48 range... and no matter their age, They. Kick. Ass. It's so nice for an author to recognize that not all of us are married off before we turn 25, or 35 or even 45. This is why I connect with all of her heroines. They are genuine, passionate, push all your emotional buttons, and give us over-30 gals hope that just because we haven't met our match, he is still out there somewhere waiting to claim us like the alpha male that he is. Which brings me to her men... OMG her men! Alphas of all ages. If only one would come to life and show up on my doorstep. I have my favorites but honestly I would not be choosey with any Kristen Ashley man.

In this book, Amelia is a 47 year old woman getting over a really bad divorce and trying to put her family back together. Mickey is a 48 year old Irish Fireman Boxer - need I say more? Well, he is also a good dad trying to shield his kids from his nightmare of an ex wife. There is not any suspense to this book... its just a nice love story between adults blending their families and all the drama and wonderful things that can carry with it. This series contains stories that could happen in real life... and don't we all wish we had the sex life in a Kristen Ashley book? Our secondary characters focus mostly on the kids... and Kristen writes cool kids. This is saying a lot coming from me as I am not a kid person at all. And we get a tiny sneak peak at who will be the focus of book 3: the sexy sheriff (Coert) and a fiesty redhead from Denver. Wonder if we have met her previously in one of Kristen's other series?

In sum, this is a great HEA love story with believable characters that will make you laugh, cry, smile, and hate just because you want to trade places with her. ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,345,793 books! | Top bar: Always visible