The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

The Truth About Forever (2004)

by Sarah Dessen

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen (f_ing_kangaroo, avid_reader25)
    Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson (writemeg)
    writemeg: Another incredible book examining the loss of a parent, and the "catalysts" that propel us to wade through our grief -- and emerge on the other side.

I really enjoyed this book. I believe that the character, Macy is like most teens. Trying to be perfect for their parents. I love the point in the book where she finds herself and finally understands that she doesn't have to be perfect. ( )
  harleyqgrayson02 | May 17, 2015 |
this book is a young adult book but is one of my favorites. the book was the first book I read by Sarah dessen then I got all her books after reading this
  tennagedream | Apr 22, 2015 |
This book is absolutely adorable and inspirational! ( )
  Nessa24Flutist | Apr 6, 2015 |
From a scale of 1-5 I would rate this story a 4. This story is about a girl named Macy during her summer break and is facing lots of drama with her mom, new job, ex boyfriend, and new friends. She talks about how shes changed since the beginning of the summer till the end and how she can be herself and not have to be so precised and perfect about everything. I did enjoy the journey she goes through to try to figure who she really is and the drama that happens with her relationships. It was very intriguing and enjoyable to read. ( )
  amvu14 | Feb 13, 2015 |
Sarah Dessen fans will love this book and its my personal favorite after just listen of course but this is a very good book like I said a must read by Sarahs fans ( )
  hannah7248 | Jan 21, 2015 |
For Jay, as ever, and for my cousins who, like me, know by heart the view of the river and the bay, the complex rules of Beckon, and all the ways you Can't Get to Heaven, to name you all would be a book in itself: you know who you are.
Jason was going to Brain Camp.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0142406252, Paperback)

With her sixth novel, award-winning author Sarah Dessen offers up another generous helping of finely crafted storytelling about real teens dealing with real life. In The Truth About Forever, when asked how she is coping with her father's death, invariably seventeen year old Macy Queen's answer is "fine," when nothing could be further from the truth. In actuality, she is drowning in grief while maintaining a flawless façade of good grades and unblemished behavior. Though she feels lost when her boyfriend heads to "Brain Camp" for the summer, she finds herself a job with the quirky Wish Catering crew, and meets "sa-woon"-worthy Wes, whose chaotic lifestyle is in direct opposition to her own. As the two share their stories over the summer, Macy realizes she can no longer keep her feelings on ice. Though it feels like her future endedwith her dad's death, Macy's learns that forever is all about beginnings. Dessen charts Macy's navigation of grief in such an honest way it will touch every reader who meets her. All of the Dessen trademarks are here: a girl in transition, a wonderfully fleshed out cast of secondary characters, and of course, the luminous, powerful writing itself. The Truth About Forever will more than satisfy Dessen's legion of fans, and will win her countless more as well. Highly recommended. (Ages 12 and up) --Jennifer Hubert

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:31 -0400)

The summer following her father's death, Macy plans to work at the library and wait for her brainy boyfriend to return from camp, but instead she goes to work at a catering business where she makes new friends and finally faces her grief.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,147,271 books! | Top bar: Always visible