Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation…

Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation Series) (Volume 2)

by Pembroke Sinclair

751,138,814 (4.13)None

Somehow I managed to get into this without knowing it was a sequel. Not to worry, because it did okay as a standalone... though I do intend to go back to the first. Thr2ee story is well written and there is good character development. Definitely a great book, and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

*I received a copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest review.
  UrbanAudreyE | Jun 8, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I have not read book one in this series. I think this book has a good story line. I enjoy books about reapers, soul collectors and dark choices. In my opinion, this book has a unique take on the realms of heaven and hell. I enjoyed reading and following along with the characters in this book. I think the next book in the series will be good as well. *I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review* ( )
  Aly3636 | Jun 28, 2015 |
Dealing with the Devils
Pembroke Sinclair
I think not having read the first book in a series has me at a disadvantage to write a review. Knowing the beginning of the series and having a connection with the characters already would have made this book better.
The story follows Katie and Josh the soul collector. He introduces her to the pleasures of collecting souls and how they are released to their eternity. Knowing Josh is a demon I believe Katie want to somehow help or save him. Introduce Bradon, also demon but who has higher powers and the love triangle begins. It seems the she might even belong to the demons after she meets Lucifer and is told she has higher powers.
I think this book was intended for young readers, which would explain why the story line is simpler than what I usually read. Being an adult I am not used to reviewing this type of book so don’t want to be unfair to the author. I did enjoy the book. ( )
  JudiRobben | May 18, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Aww... a tale to Hell and a demon, who? Katie ...Katie ... Katie. No I felt Deb needed a more generous role here. Is it off or is it on? I mean Josh and Katie. This story had the gusto and the excitement one can assume to have in this particular genre. The story moved along at a good pace, got to confess though I cheated and skim over some parts because I wanted to reach my destination and I did. The author got me anxious and on the verge of pulling my hair, so...good. Irritated me and I mean Josh, hell a demon now act like one, duh! See the author managed to get a reaction from me. Surprises and "aha" moments which created so much emotional ups and downs for me. Good job and very creative. Thank you, Darlene Cruz I had won this digital download from Library Thing Early Reviewer Giveaway. ( )
  dlc18 | Apr 11, 2015 |
I received a copy to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed here are my own.

This book has even more tension than the first book had. Katie is even more attracted to Josh. What he does, taking people's souls weighs heavily on her for a while. She feels safe around Josh, yet feels conflicted. Her best friend Deb is trying hard to save Katie from Josh. Enter bad boy Braden. He and Josh both want Katie. Braden is higher up in the demon hierarchy. The question is, what does he truly want with her. Katie keeps hearing from all of the demons and Lucifer himself that her problem is she keeps holding onto her humanity. Now Katie has a burning desire to find out what they mean by that. The only way to find out is to demand a meeting with Lucifer and ask him herself. What she learns seems to make sense yet also holds her back. She really thought all along that there was Salvation for Josh. I was conflicted with this book. I know why I'm conflicted. My religious beliefs want Katie to see the true evil. I loved however that there is the added conflict between the two demons. I worried all the way through as Katie seems to be lacking normal "human" feelings the deeper and darker she delves into the world and work of the demons. Like the first book this one ended on a cliff hanger. A lot of people hate endings like this. I am ot one of them. It makes me hunger for the next installment. I feel like Katie is not getting the whole story. I feel like she is getting herself and her friends deeper into danger. I keep waiting for someone to come and rescue her from herself. I guess I'll have to wait to see what happens next. I will be waiting for the next book. ( )
  skstiles612 | Jan 18, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Pembroke Sinclair's book Dealing With Devils was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,805,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible