Queen of Tomorrow: A Stolen Empire Novel by…

Queen of Tomorrow: A Stolen Empire Novel

by Sherry Ficklin

Sherry Ficklin has not disappointed me, again. This book is The Read! I enjoy it very much. Especially with all the mixed romance and tension in Queen of Tomorrow. Can't wait for the 3rd book! ( )
  mariananhi | Mar 20, 2016 |
It is a historical fantasy that will draw you into the world of Catherine the great.

I never really liked historical fictions, but this book kind of started making me think about actually reading some. ( )
  Girl-Bibliobibuli | Feb 29, 2016 |
Book two of the Stolen Empire series will have you on the edge of your seat.

Sophie—now Catherine, Grand Duchess of Russia—had a tough first year at Imperial Court. Married at sixteen to Grand Duke Peter, heir to the throne, and settled in their own palace, things are finally looking up. As a new day dawns, she thinks only of securing her future, and the future of their country, during one of the greatest political upheavals of her time. Fighting desperately against forces trying to depose the Empress Elizabeth and put the young Prince Ivan on her throne, Sophie soon finds herself in the middle of a war brewing between her beloved Prussia, and her new empire. But even as she navigates the fragile political landscape, she quickly realizes that she has only begun to discover the tangled web of deceit and infidelity woven over the lavish court of Oranienbaum Palace.

When a strange and delicate alliance forms between the young couple, she glimpses a future of happiness, only to see it lost in a moment at the hands of those who still seek to end her life—and prevent her reign. Out of favor with the empress and running out of options, Sophie will have to sacrifice her own innocence on the altar of Russia if she is to save the nation, and herself. To survive, she will have to do the unthinkable, betray those closest to her and become something greater and more dangerous than she ever imagined she could be… a queen.

I absolutely love this series. There’s something about YA historical fiction that makes me want to instantly pick up the book. And this series is definitely one to read. Filled with romance, mystery, politics and drama, there’s never a dull moment with this book. Picking up right where Queen of Someday ends, you’ll be addicted to this book from page one.

Catherine is a fabulous protagonist. There’s so much character growth with her, she completely changes from being the innocent young girl of Queen of Someday to a more grown up, determined woman who will someday rule Imperial Russia. The baddies in the book are also very well explored and realistic – from the outset I disliked Peter and Elizavetta and I think such a strong reaction shows how interesting and complex the characters in this book are.

The setting is such an interesting one too, and Ficklin puts a great amount of detail into the book. Queen of Tomorrow is not the most fast-paced story in the world, but it does deliver a world that is intense, exciting and easy to immerse yourself in. Ficklin’s writing is wonderful, full of wonderful, interesting descriptions, as well as flowing exceptionally well.

If you haven’t tried the Stolen Empire series yet, it’s definitely one for all you young adult fans out there. My one caution would be to start this book on a weekend, because you are going to be avoiding people and abandoning pretty much everything to reach the dramatic ending of this story. And if like me you’re now patiently waiting the release of Queen of Always, take comfort in the fact that you only have a few short months to wait for the September release date. ( )
  ColeReadsBooks | Jul 26, 2015 |

It is about
Sophie―now Catherine, Grand Duchess of Russia―had a tough first year at Imperial Court. Married at sixteen to Grand Duke Peter, heir to the throne, and settled in their own palace, things start to look up. As a new day dawns, Catherine thinks only of securing her future, and the future of their country, during one of the greatest political upheavals of her time. Fighting desperately against forces that try to depose the Empress Elizabeth and put the young Prince Ivan on her throne, Catherine soon finds herself in the middle of a war brewing between her beloved Prussia and her new empire. While navigating the fragile political landscape, she quickly realizes that she has only begun to discover the tangled web of deceit and infidelity woven over the lavish court of Oranienbaum Palace.

When a strange and delicate alliance forms between the young couple, Catherine glimpses a future of happiness, only to see it vanish at the hands of those who still seek to end her life―and prevent her reign. Out of favor with the empress and running out of options, Catherine must sacrifice her own innocence on the altar of Russia if she is to save the nation and herself. To survive, she will have to do the unthinkable, betray those closest to her and become something greater and more dangerous than she ever imagined she could be… a queen.

I hope you guys give this book a chance also the is the second novel in the series.

P.S. I received a copy to facilitate my review, but these our my own opinions.

Sophie--now Catherine, Grand Duchess of Russia--had a tough first year at Imperial Court. Married at sixteen to Grand Duke Peter, heir to the throne, and settled in their own palace, things start to look up. As a new day dawns, Catherine thinks only of securing her future, and the future of their country, during one of the greatest political upheavals of her time. Fighting desperately against forces that try to depose the Empress Elizabeth and put the young Prince Ivan on her throne, Catherine soon finds herself in the middle of a war brewing between her beloved Prussia and her new empire. While navigating the fragile political landscape, she quickly realizes that she has only begun to discover the tangled web of deceit and infidelity woven over the lavish court of Oranienbaum Palace.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,458,713 books! | Top bar: Always visible