While You Were Gone (Duplexity, Part II) by…

While You Were Gone (Duplexity, Part II)

by Amy K. Nichols

If possible, I think I might have loved this book even more than the first book. During the first book, I thought of the original Danny and the alternate Eevee as almost evil, but, during this book, I fell in love with both of them just as much as I did with alternate Danny and original Eevee. Such great writing and wonderful characters. This author truly has a gift and I hope that she writes more books very soon. ( )
  eheinlen | Oct 26, 2015 |
I really enjoyed NOW THAT YOU'RE HERE, the first book in the Duplexity duology, so I was expecting another fun read this time. I'm sorry to say that for the most part, this was a pretty booking book.

The sweet, slow burn romance from the first book isn't present at all. In fact this Eevee and Danny don't even really connect up until halfway through the book. Danny does his thing (tagging) and Eevee does hers (painting) and it's all just rather dull. The other strike against the romance is that it is very instalove. They barely glimpse each other and become completely consumed.

As for the parallel universe, this book features the dystopian, 1984 esq version. Big, bad government trying to control everyone. It could have been exciting in a nefarious way, but it just came across as insipid and tedious. Nothing really happened until the very end of the book.

And the end. Um...if I cared more I might be upset, but since my interest level was pretty low the entire time, it's just mildly dissatisfying. ( )
  pollywannabook | Jun 2, 2015 |

An artist without a cause meets a rebel without a clue.

Eevee is a promising young artist and the governor’s daughter in a city where censorship is everywhere and security is everything. When a fire devastates her exhibition—years in the making—her dreams of attending an elite art institute are dashed. She’s struggling to find inspiration when she meets Danny, a boy from a different world. Literally.

Raised in a foster home, Danny has led a life full of hurt and hardship until a glitch in the universe changes everything. Suddenly Danny is living in a home he’s never seen, with parents who miraculously survived the car crash that should have killed them. It’s like he’s a new Danny. But this alternate self has secrets—ties to an underground anarchist group that have already landed him in hot water. When he starts to develop feelings for Eevee, he’s even more disturbed to learn that he might have started the fire that ruined her work.

As Danny sifts through clues from his past and Eevee attempts to piece together her future, they uncover a secret that’s bigger than both of them. . . . And together, they must correct the breach between the worlds before it’s too late.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 14 Apr 2015 01:15:32 -0400)

Eevee, an aspiring artist and daughter of Arizona's governor, and Danny, a reformed troublemaker who lives in foster care in his own world, join forces to correct a breach between parallel universes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,645,324 books! | Top bar: Always visible