Torment (Dark Alpha 1) by Alisa Woods

Torment (Dark Alpha 1)

by Alisa Woods

92950,433 (5)None

Is love stronger than magic? An excellent question!
Jak has it all, He is a shifter immune to most human diseases and ailments, he is very easy on the eyes and is never in want of human female companions. But he has not mated with s shifter, and at this rate, he may never have that chance.

Arianna did not pick her mate. He kidnapped her after another mate was rescued before he could make her his. Mase, her mate, seems ruthless to me, like a kid with a new toy that he doesn't want anyone to even see. He is overbearing and heartless. The magic in her blood that he put there makes her blind to this when they are near one another.

Arianna is smart and Mase's father sees her worth. He wants her to learn so she can help with the packs businesses ventures. You see they are the new silicone valley. Technology is the future. But what kind of future does Arianna have with Mase?
She meets Jak by chance, as it's his day to be her bodyguard at college.

What happens next you'll have to find out for yourself!
I don't like spoilers, but I will say that Jak seems like my kind of hot shifter! He feels things for Arianna from the start. Nothing is ever easy! I loved this first volume of the new series!
Highly recommended to lovers of a good shifter story!
This is the first of a 6 episode serial, so please be ready for a cliffhanger! ( )
  theardentone | Mar 23, 2015 |
Jak is in love with the mate of his alpha’s brother. Arianna was forced into a mating so did not want. Both need to fight their forbidden feeling for each other.

I loved this book. I flew through the sixty pages, and I cannot wait to read the next release.

Jak is a noble beta. I gained respect for him after he helped Mia escape in the True Alpha Series. I want him to find the happiness he deserves.

Arianna is a sweet heroine whom you cannot help but adore. She has been dealt a bad hand, and I appreciate that she finds happiness while with off pack grounds with Jak at her college campus; especially since her mate is such a jerk (putting it nicely).

Torment is an incredibly well-written shot short packed with excitement. It flows well and keeps you hungry for more. I look forward to reading the next installment.

Complimentary copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | Jan 21, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,938,195 books! | Top bar: Always visible