Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas

Queen of Shadows (2015)

by Sarah J. Maas

Series: Throne of Glass (4)

English (70)  German (1)  All (71)

Queen of Shadows is the fourth and amazing installment of the Throne of Glass series and, it seems, the last until a very long wait for the next. *sigh*

This was a really good and engaging read with enough action to keep the pace running, but I feel as if it was missing the "spark" that made me love the novellas and the first three books. That does not mean that this book was in anyway bad, just lacked that thrill. I loved where the story went, how Mannon's story entwined with Aelin's and... (more via website) ( )
  VesperDreams | May 20, 2018 |
4.5 Finally! So, so much happens in this installment and so much starts to fit together, it’s truly a whirlwind trip.

And the characters this story introduces (or re-introduces) are superb and really help to round out the cast. I LOVE Lysandra, Aedion, Elide, even Arobynn, each in their own ways.

And hey, maybe I do actually like Manon and am not utterly bored by her and the rest of the witches!?!

And Kaltain. Poor, misunderstood Kaltain. Her story tore me apart and made me feel so much emotion for her. Her actions were harrowing, I found myself on the edge of my seat and screaming both “Hell yeah!” and “Noooooo!” at the same time. She certainly got hers. ( )
  libraryinthecountry | May 6, 2018 |
This installment continued with the new, excellent story progression of Heir of Fire, without too much obvious plot twists or easily predictable revelations. While I still prefer Heir of Fire to Queen of Shadows, this was still an epic story and I greatly enjoyed it. The only part that really irked me was the sheer groan-worthy sexually driven scenes that, while sometimes expected and greatly anticipated, were written with cringey dialogue and innuendo. ( )
  Faith_Murri | Mar 30, 2018 |
Celena Sardothien è tornata, più arrabbiata e sarcastica che mai.

Non saprei nemmeno da dove partire per descrivere tutto ciò che succede in questo libro! Dopo un terzo volume piuttosto deludente siamo finalmente tornati ai vecchi standard.
Combattimenti a dir poco epici, piani così intricati da essere totalmente imprevedibili, rivelazioni assurde su quasi ogni personaggio... senza scordare la sfacciata ironia di Aelin e l'umore (parecchio) altalenante di Rowan.
Mi sono trovata ad ammirare personaggi che prima odiavo, provare orgoglio per altri che credevo perduti, commozione per il passato doloroso di altri. Già, mi sono ritrovata con le lacrime agli occhi più di una volta.
Legami ricuciti, strappati del tutto o formati dal nulla... finalmente le storie di tutti i personaggi, Manon compresa, tornano ad unirsi, e ammetto che questa volta ho apprezzato di più anche i capitoli sulla Wing Leader.
Il finale è...esplosivo, direi. Perfetto per chi desidera rimanere un po' in pace visto che le acque si "calmano" un po' sebbene la storia non sia ancora terminata. Per quelli che invece sono pronti a soffrire ed esultare insieme ai loro personaggi preferiti anche nei prossimi libri come me... possa la fortuna essere sempre a nostro favore.
  Shay17 | Mar 30, 2018 |
IT'S GOT ME LIKE

WokeNerdWriter | Mar 27, 2018 |

Sarah J. Maasprimary authorall editionscalculated
De Groot, KellyIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Evans, ElizabethNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Alex Bracken—
For the six years of e-mails,
For the thousands of pages critiqued,
For your tiger heart and your Jedi wisdom,
And for just being you.
I’m so glad I e-mailed you that day.
And so grateful you wrote back.
There was a thing waiting in the darkness.
ISBN 1619630648 is for Crown of Midnight

"Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. Embracing her identity as Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen, Celaena returns to the empire--for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,320,728 books! | Top bar: Always visible