A Mighty Good Man by Rebecca E. Neely

A Mighty Good Man

by Rebecca E. Neely

431,664,912 (4.67)None

REVIEW: “She’d fallen in love, with the story and the man telling it.” Journalist Hank Jerry is reeling from the betrayal of her former boss/lover and the failing health of the only family she has left. Is Jack her salvation or a dangerous disaster? There’s a great storyline with a few unbelievable elements. The budding love is hot and sweet. This is my volunteer review of an Advanced Reader copy of this book.

DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: Her personal and professional life on the skids, a family emergency forces writer Hank Jerry to return to the small town and the aunt she left behind.
Fresh out of prison, Jack “Gent” Darcy is bent on cutting ties with the Creds, but when you're a war counselor in a national gang, they don't let you just walk away.
Injured and on the run, Jack lands on Hank’s doorstep, and makes her a proposition she can’t refuse: write his story about life inside one of the most powerful gangs in the country. It’s simple—she’ll get her career groove back, and he’ll bury the gang, then disappear—his version of freedom.
The only problem? They can’t help falling for each other, and they’ve both got something to hide that could blow up in their faces. With time running out and gang enforcers closing in, will the trust they’ve forged survive the ultimate test? ( )
  treehousereader | Nov 2, 2017 |
When Hank Jerry's journalist career hits the skids in New York and a family emergency occurs, Hank finds herself back in her hometown of Fiddler's Elbow, Pennsylvania running her aunt's diner.

Jack Darcy wants to start his life over after being released from prison. He wants to cut his ties with the Creds, a dangerous national gang, but they don't let their members just walk away, so he tries to stay out of their clutches.

When Hank and Jack unexpectedly meet at the diner, sparks fly, but hidden secrets and a dangerous decision to expose the gang throw a wrench into their budding romance. Can they survive the danger while falling in love?

In A Mighty Good Man, author Rebecca E. Neely weaves an intense and fast paced tale of intrigue, suspense, romance, secrets, and danger.

The reader will easily be drawn into this exciting story with its strong cast of characters; a gritty and passionate storyline that delves into the romance and battle scars of two broken people; a dangerous criminal gang element; and a good mixture of romance and suspense that will keep the reader sitting on the edge of their seat; while smiling at Hank and Jack's humorous banter, undeniable chemistry, sexual tension, and steamy sex scenes.

A Mighty Good Man is a must read for anyone who enjoy reading romantic suspense novels.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author / publisher in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book blast event hosted by Goddess Fish Promotions.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2015/02/a-mighty-good-man-by-rebecca-e... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Feb 2, 2015 |
What a man, what a man, what a mighty yummy man!

Wow, I was sucked into this story from the first page. I fell instantly for the heroine, Hank, she’s feisty and snarky…a great character, with flaws to overcome. And don’t get me started on Jack, sigh…such a handsome bad boy, with a sordid past, but a heart of gold. The story is believable, and I didn't stop reading until I finished. Ms. Neely weaves a story of intrigue, secrets, family, sexual chemistry, and love. I really enjoyed Hank and Jack's story. ( )
  SophiaKimble | Jan 20, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,265,085 books! | Top bar: Always visible