Jesse's Girl by Char Chaffin

by Char Chaffin

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added bySophiaKimble

No tags.

I sat down one evening, planning to read a chapter or two of Jesse's Girl before bed, expecting a sweet romance I could read when time allowed. I didn't get it. What I found was a book I couldn't put down, and fatigue the next day from loss of sleep. But it was well worth the dark circles under my eyes.

Jesse's Girl was a real treat. A sweet romance that was full of passion between the hero and heroine. I immediately fell in love with both characters. They are both tortured in their own way from past and present events, and this commonality both brings them together and pushes them apart. They are written deeply and fully realized to the point that the reader feels as though they know them personally.

The novel is set in the sixties in a small town, and Char Chaffin has captured the essence of small town America beautifully, the good and the bad aspects of it.

I highly recommend this to all. I have not read anything else by this author, but plan to read her other novels and anything she writes in the future.
  SophiaKimble | Jan 20, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,858,125 books! | Top bar: Always visible