Love by Deception by K. C. Barnard

Love by Deception

by K. C. Barnard

Devil Man, Cockroach, Tomcat and Floppy. What do these names have in common? They belong to a series of physically and mentally abusive men the author dated over a few years. “Love by deception” is supposed to convince readers in abusive relationships that they can escape.

Read the rest of the review on my blog: https://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2015/07/28/love-by-deception-a-harrowing-true-story-of-love-and-betrayal-k-c-barnard/ ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Jul 28, 2015 |
I don’t know. I’ve never actually started a review with those three words. K.C. Barnard is the name the author uses. Her actual identity is hidden as this is a true story of her life and the domestic violence she faced – not once but four times. The identities of the men are also hidden. They are referenced as Devil Man; Cockroach; etc. We begin to piece together that she had grown up in a loving family; in fact, she was rather spoiled. She’s intelligent and currently has a career as a VIP flight attendant with a Saudi Royal family. But she takes us back on a journey of how she met these men; how she became involved with them; and how disastrous each one turned out.

It’s curious how her first serious relationship was with Mr. Happy. He was before Devil Man and the others. He was “a true gentleman with old-fashioned values, who wouldn’t dream of cheating, or mistreating a woman.” But, since she decided to call it quits with Mr. Happy, I assume he may also have been ‘Mr. Boring.’ Still … one can only hope she’ll someday find another Mr. Happy because he respected her and appeared to truly love her.

She says this book has been a ‘cathartic journey’ for her. Her hope is that other women in abusive relationships will give seriously thought to leaving their partner, or to at least seek out support. She references www.womensaid.org.uk and www.refuge.org.uk. The story is told in first person narrative, but personally, I can’t understand or relate to the mindset of women who stay in abusive relationships. I know that many women fall into the trap of believing that it will all work out; that he is sooo sorry; that he really does love me, even though in the next breath, he’s ready to issue another punch. Now, the reason for “I don’t know.” I applaud her efforts to reach out to other women and encourage them to take action to remedy their own circumstances. However, the writing itself was rather poor – lengthy; rambling; and too detailed. And so, I struggled with the rating and finally brought it up to a 3 just because there is a message here that others may need to heed. Also, since some are opposed to reading books with curse words, just know that the ‘f’ word is rather abundant. ( )
  FictionZeal | Apr 5, 2015 |
Why, oh why, of all the places in the world to be, did I have to be in Paris?

Meet K.C. a gregarious, fun loving woman in her thirties. With an abundance of friends, and an enviable position as a jet-setting stewardess in the prestigious world of private aviation, she seems to have it all....but does she?

Love by Deception is a compelling read of how meeting the wrong person can bring not only heartache, but real devastation in the most brutal of ways. We follow K.C.’s turmoil, as we unravel her disastrous relationships where she becomes the unwitting victim to four extremely cruel men.

Throughout K.C.’s journey she is determined to never allow anyone to break her spirit.

I have published Love by Deception to raise awareness on the hushed subject of domestic violence. It will give you a raw eye-opening insight into the harsh realities of love and its destruction. My identity has been concealed, and if you read my book you will understand why. During my most harrowing recollections, I have tried to adapt a light-hearted manner with sprinklings of humour, so the reader is able to connect with me without any pity. I am currently working as a VIP flight attendant for a Saudi Arabian Royal Family. My ambition would be to hold seminars in schools for vulnerable teenagers to warn them about the dangers of dating controlling partners. Thank you for taking the time to read my reviews and hopefully order my book.

P.S. Love by Deception wrote itself during a cathartic 3 year journey, and was simply created from feelings of injustice and frustration - so if you are looking for a literary masterpiece this book would not be for you.

[retrieved 1/20/2015 from Amazon.com]

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,540,465 books! | Top bar: Always visible