Mayhem by Jamie Shaw

Mayhem

by Jamie Shaw

Series: Mayhem (1)

"Mayhem" was my first experience with this genre. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I was hooked by the end of the first page. The main character Rowan has two wonderful lines: "I look like Dee’s closet drank too much and threw up on me." and "The hot-pink fabric matches my killer hot-pink heels. Literally, killer. Because I know I’m going to fall on my face and die." Those two lines told me I needed to get to know this character. And I am glad I did. I began the book just over 24 hours ago. If responsibilities as a mother and wife had not intervened, I would have read the book in one sitting. As it is, I just finished it, came up for air and realized it was snowing outside. I was totally sucked into the story. I highly recommend "Mayhem". I cannot wait for the sequels "Riot" and "Chaos". Just to clarify demographics, since I do not know if I am a typical reader of this genre or not, I am 53, thinking reading is the most important thing an individual can learn to do, and have now been opened to a whole new set of possibilities for reading choices. Thank you Ms. Shaw for writing such believable and enjoyable characters. I look forward to many, many more books from you. ( )
  nhalliwell | Nov 13, 2016 |
"5 out of 5 stars! Rowan (Ro/Peach) goes on a girls’ night out to see a band perform and has her whole life changed when she witnesses her longtime boyfriend cheating on her. That same night Rowan meets Adam, the lead singer of the band, who makes what could have been a terrible night into something memorable. After one kiss, they part ways with Rowan believing she’ll never see or hear from Adam again, that is until she sees him in her college French class on the first day of school. However, Adam doesn’t seem to recognize her so she stays away, that is until she volunteers to tutor him when she finds out that he’s about to fail the class. From that point on they become “friends” and their lives will never be the same but are either of them willing to commit to something more to each other than friendship and risk their hearts?

Wow! This is an intensely sweet novel that I didn’t want to stop reading! I thoroughly enjoyed how it was all from Rowan’s POV until the epilogue, which as from Adam’s POV, as it sealed the deal on my love for this novel..."

Read more of my review and THREE TEASERS here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2015/07/idolizing-in-mayhem-series-boo... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Aug 16, 2016 |
YA - duh love YA books they are on my favorite list

Jamie Shaw - thank you for creating a sexy as hell read.

My new BB Adam Freaking Everest!! OH man when he whispers in Rowans ear I had had panty dropping moments :D
Meet Adam

Meet Rowan

My song for this read
Kenny Loggins - Meet Me Half Way ( )
  Deleine | May 10, 2016 |

fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
I received this free eARC from Edelweiss in exchange for my honest review.

Holy. Crap! This book was AWESOME! I don't know why it took me so long to read it! I started reading it - got sucked in and voila, finished! Though I really want more.

This book reminded me of "Beautiful Disaster" my all-time favorite novel. Not so much with the music/band part. But when Rowan/Peach and Adam are just 'friends' but then she stays at his place when she needs to crash and ends up sharing a bed with him... And how Rowan/Peach is very innocent and just wants to be under the radar, but is seen/into Adam, the man-whore, party animal? Yeah there are a lot of similarities to really make me love this book, but enough differences that I'm not thinking she copied that novel.

The intensity between these two characters was steaming off of the page and I could not cool them off. I can't believe how much I loved this book and I can definitely tell you that I am going to get the next book in the series (unless it's a ridiculous amount of money, then I may reconsider).

I will definitely tell everyone I know to read this novel because whoo-hoo, I will not be forgetting this any time soon! So glad I got a chance to read this! Will most definitely be on the lookout for this author! ( )
  JeracaFite | May 6, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062379607, Mass Market Paperback)

On the first day of school, Rowan is stunned when Adam saunters into her French class. He's soon failing miserably, and, on a whim, she offers to tutor him. But Adam doesn't recognize her as a makeup-free, glasses-clad college student—a far cry from the beautiful, mysterious "Peach" he met at his concert.

During a wild weekend on tour with the band, Rowan can't help falling for the sweet guy buried beneath Adam's rocker persona. Yet she knows she could never compete with the girls constantly throwing themselves at his feet. She'd just end up hurt … again.

Peach is all Adam thinks about, though, and when Rowan realizes this, she has a decision to make: stay just friends to protect her fragile heart … or reveal the truth about the night they met and admit she's fallen completely, hopelessly in love with him.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:59 -0400)

When college freshman Rowan Michaels meets gorgeous, up-and-coming rock star Adam Everest, she knows a player like him is the last thing she needs after her ex-boyfriend shattered her heart. But she can't stop thinking about the kiss they shared on his tour bus.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,646,535 books! | Top bar: Always visible