Viette by J A Canter

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added bynaturalbri

No tags.

What I Thought:

Though I am not always a fan of the steamier reads, I do find I enjoy those that have enough steam to make it a 'secret' treat to read, but are just in your face. I found this read to be right in the category of those I like. It had plenty of steamy scenes, but also still had a storyline.

We are met with a King, who has won his kingdom by war, which resulted in the murder of our main female's family. She is now a servant, who holds her head up high, not stopping to the whorish ways of some of the others she knows, but she does feel for the King. However, she must battle with her feelings and the memories of his face as he slashed his way through everything she loved.

We following along as her life changes forever, after an encounter with the King, just before he leaves on a long journey. Will her life continue to change, or will she go back to her ways as a servant?

I thought the characters were fun, exciting and kept me interested in the story. Who wouldn't want to read about love, steaminess and castles?

The plot had a decent pace. At some points I would have liked it to have gone faster, but it actually worked out, as the slower scenes combatted the face-paced romance scenes.

Overall, I think this is a good read, for a steamy one. I would recommend reading it, if you are into the like of a good historical erotica/romance style read. ( )
  naturalbri | Jan 21, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,982,683 books! | Top bar: Always visible