Cupcakes & Chardonnay by Julia Gabriel

Cupcakes & Chardonnay

by Julia Gabriel

194537,190 (3.5)None

Cute, easy read and well-written

I enjoyed the story very much, except for the graphic sex scenes. This book has good flow and character development from start to finish. Happy endings are just the best!
  CRMJones | Jan 4, 2017 |
I got a free copy of Julia Gabriel’s Cupcakes & Chardonnay from Story Cartel. It’s a short novel, 128 pages long and only took me a few hours to read. Still, those few hours of downtime had been enjoyable.

Read the entire review:

http://dealogy.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/book-review-cupcakes-and-chardonnay/ ( )
  DecorusDea | Feb 11, 2014 |
I loved this book. The story is short and sweet. The characters are well developed and interesting. The only character I didn’t like was Brent, Suzanne’s best friend and former boss. I thought his inclusion as the voice of reason was overdone and made him look juvenile and foolish, not someone who could provide good guidance to Suzanne or could ever run a successful restaurant. Three years ago, Suzanne dumped Daryle Catterton, with no regrets. She hasn’t really thought much about him lately, until he comes in to her Cupcakery with an unusual proposition, from which both stand to gain much. However, the devil, as usual, is in the details—and following through on them as agreed to by both. I found the proposition that Daryle makes interesting and would definitely present a challenge for any business-oriented woman. However, Suzanne is a strong woman and great businesswoman and makes a choice she can, she thinks, live with. I loved the character Suzanne, because she seems very strong and oriented toward her goals. However, at the same time, she has just the right touch of softness to makes her believable and someone after which many would aspire. Initially, Dayrle is just another trust fund baby, not caring much about what happens to anyone else but himself. However, as the story progresses, we see he has moved beyond that and becomes a fairly likable fellow, finally with his head screwed on right. This is a short book, a novella actually, but is a fantastic read. Because of its brevity, there is not a lot of drag to the story and any reader can read it in a fairly reasonable timeframe, even with a busy schedule. I think any reader who enjoys a good romance with all its ups and downs would enjoy it. I know I did. I received this from Library Thing to read and review. ( )
  KMT01 | Feb 2, 2014 |
It was OK. The story line was rushed. It had all of the makings of a good romance, but lacked chemistry. I wasn't feeling it, which was a shame because there really could have been more. ( )
  Voodoolou | Dec 26, 2013 |

Julia Gabriel is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,597,883 books! | Top bar: Always visible