Drawing Lessons by Julia Gabriel

Drawing Lessons

by Julia Gabriel

I received this book in exchange for an honest review. Throughout the book I wanted to strangle Marie. I mean I just can't stand this type of woman. But as I got to understand the things she went thru I appreciated the way the writer let you know why she was so damaged and how she recovered. I ended up enjoying the writing more than the story line. Complex and filled with a range of emotions. ( )
  thicks | Aug 3, 2015 |
I've read this story so many times... and yet this wasn't the same story. I loved it from the very first page. It started off simple, then morphed into something complex, which was beautifully done. The thing I liked most about this book was that it actually had a well developed plot, even if it was a tad bit unbelievable at times. It wasn't one of those stories that just focuses in on the sex and on nothing else. But, oh la la, those scenes... *fans face* I think the only thing I didn't like was Marie's odd complacency; it jarred me out of the story sometimes because it was so overdone.

This is definitely a book I'd recommend, especially for those who like (or even prefer) the sweeter side of erotica and romance. Just don't go in reading it thinking that it's not a typical romance (because it very much is). Even being somewhat typical, though, it's officially one of my favorites. ( )
  RCW | May 10, 2015 |
this was the first book i had read from this author. the plot was well developed and the characters had depth. marie and luc are characters you can definitely fall in love with as you learn of their story!
*won this book from librarything* ( )
  amy1825 | May 8, 2015 |
I received an ebook through Librarything Member Giveaway.
Very entertaining romance about a Senator's soon to be ex-wife and a sexy artist she meets through drawing lessons given to her for her 30th birthday. Well written, engaging story and just the right amount of love scenes to be steamy without going over the top. A definite recommendation for readers who enjoy contemporary romance, but if you cannot suspend reality for love at first sight, unlikely political intrigue, and an improbably manipulated heroine it may not be for you. ( )
  Hccpsk | May 7, 2015 |
This romance novel is a little different than most in the fact that you don't have to wait until the end of the book until the soulmates find eachother, which is nice. The book is racy from the beginning. Its the story of a woman named Marie who has been manipulated by her family and husband all her life. She has always just gone along with what she's been told to do and never questioned it. She's beautiful, smart and just unappreciated. She is going through a very tough time in life and a friend gives her drawing lessons as a gift...and that's when the story really begins. I don't want to give the story away but just know that the artist giving the instructions, Luc, is a gorgeous frenchman who teaches Marie more than drawing. I would recommend this book and look forward to reading another by Julia Gabriel. ( )
  LizBuckley | Feb 4, 2015 |

A sizzling new romance from Julia Gabriel When you're enrolled in the school of hard knocks ... Marie Witherspoon can't catch a break. She's been dumped by her husband—a rising political star in Washington, DC—and humiliated by his gossip blogger wife. Just when she's picked herself up and dusted herself off, her ex changes his mind and calls off the divorce. Falling in love with your teacher can't possibly make things any worse. There's just one hitch. Marie has rekindled an old hobby and her relationship with her new drawing teacher—sexy French artist Luc Marchand—is way past the point of no return. With her heart on the line, she's prepared to do anything to keep from returning to her old life. Or can it? It's been twelve long years since Luc Marchand's life was shattered by a former student. Forced out of academia, he's walled off his heart and his career. Now he has a chance to revive both—if his past doesn't destroy everything for Luc and Marie.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:05 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Julia Gabriel's book Drawing Lessons was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Julia Gabriel is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,350,271 books! | Top bar: Always visible