That's Paris: An Anthology of Life, Love and…

That's Paris: An Anthology of Life, Love and Sarcasm in the City of Light

by Vicki Lesage, Vicki Lesage

When I was teaching good customer service practices one of the topics we spent quite a bit of time (and role plays) on was vocal communication. That is ‘how’ you say a word or phrase. With me? OK here’s one of the exercises – fold your arms slouch and say “I feel great”. Now sit up straight put a smile on your face and say it again. See the difference?

That’s just two examples of how our words come out and can be interpreted. Now let’s play around with the phrase That’s Paris.

Say it with a smile, a frown, a sigh, a giggle, an exclamation mark or a questions mark. Put the emphasis on That’s, now on Paris. Say it with an inflection. Get the idea? For your homework how many more was can you say it?

Whatever tone you use will give a different meaning and that’s what the variety of stories in That's Paris: An Anthology of Life, Love and Sarcasm is like.

They will make you laugh at the misunderstandings and miscommunication of expats, sigh and cry over love lost and found, scratch your head at the bureaucracy , salivate over descriptions of French (or will you?)

It’s well written, entertaining reading at its best and will have the reader absorbed and captivated at the many facets of life in Paris.

If you have read Confessions of a Paris Party Girl or Confession of a Paris Potty Trainer by Vicki Lesage you certainly won’t want to miss this book. There are three stories by Vicki and one by her Mum.

This review is also on my website www.pam.id.au ( )
  Hostie13 | Jan 30, 2016 |
There are lots of gems in this anthology of Life, Love, and Sarcasm in Paris. Funny tales such as the French office colleagues who wouldn't survive a zombie apocalypse, the endless insane horror of passing your French driver's license, the indignities of getting your man bits checked in a Paris emergency hospital ward, a taxi driver mistaking his female passenger for a Bois de Boulogne prostitute, moving to Paris as an expat only to feel lost with too-high heels. There are many sassy women narrators, poignant inner city connections between lost people, dead-husband ashes scattered all over the city, a hilarious 4-day visit with wheel clamping, all sorts of vignettes of finding love or finding oneself or finding solace in Paris itself. And the intro by the legendary Year-in-the-Merde author Stephen Clarke is great. Short stories are seeing a resurgence!

An advance copy was provided for my honest review. ( )
  LizzieHG | Feb 2, 2015 |

This review is also on my website www.pam.id.au ( )
  paf4948 | Jan 30, 2015 |

Vicki Lesageprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lesage, Vickimain authorall editionsconfirmed

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Vicki Lesage's book That's Paris: An Anthology of Life, Love and Sarcasm in the City of Light is currently available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Vicki Lesage is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,862,465 books! | Top bar: Always visible