Close to Destiny by Adria J. Cimino

Close to Destiny

by Adria J. Cimino

I really enjoyed this story. I enjoyed each of the characters; Kat, Will, and Destiny. The characters were well written as was the story. Close to Destiny flowed nicely and had a good story line. I like the questions Kat must ask herself about love, life, and Will. A very interesting idea. ( )
  lilbooks22 | Jan 23, 2017 |
I received the ebook in exchange for an honest review. The protagonist is recovering from anorexia and in this book we follow how she is doing this. her path unwinds in an unusual way and I liked the way how it was done. a lovely read ( )
  Kim10101 | Jan 8, 2016 |
Quite a surprise!
Adria J. Cimino has written something interesting, merging the past and the present together.
This book is something different, I didn't expect the paranormal aspect of the book. The fact that she is living in the present but has met and gets to know from people from the past makes this book quite unique. How Kat and Will are the present day Jonathan and Victoria intrigues me and it's definitely something I haven't read before.
Read this and you won't be disappointed... ( )
  mihaelabet | Mar 6, 2015 |
Spoiler alert.******* While I believe the author has a great imagination and the writing itself is good, I did not enjoy the story, therefore the 2.5 stars rating. I think the book would have been more interesting if the reader found out at the end that Kat is really crazy and the events in the book, just thoughts in her head. Many times I wondered if this would be the outcome. Anyway, this is a strange "love story" about Kat and Will. They were lovers in a previous life, destined to be together in the present. A medium named Destiny (yes really) brings them together thru late night parties, some including spirits, at a large hotel in London. Destiny never tells Kat the entire story before she dies and Kat is forced to put on a magic hat (yes really) to find out some of the details of her past life, in order to move on with her current life. ( )
  LizBuckley | Mar 5, 2015 |
Reminded me of the parallel existence film Sliding Doors mixed with the ballroom scenes from The Shining. An intriguing love story where the past plays out in present-day London and New York. One to read cuddled up with a cup of Earl Grey or hot chocolate!

An advance copy was received for my honest review. ( )
  LizzieHG | Feb 26, 2015 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Adria J. Cimino's book Close to Destiny was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Adria J. Cimino is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,993,483 books! | Top bar: Always visible