Changing Nature by April White

Changing Nature

by April White

4.5/5
Like all books by April White, Changing Nature rocked my socks. The closest comparison I can come up with for this paranormal fantasy is Deborah Harkness' trilogy, although the witches here are replaced by Immortal Descendants with various talents.

Saira is a Clocker, a time traveller, and at just under 18-years of age she's already managed to stop Jack The Ripper in Victorian London and save Elizabeth Tudor from the executioner's axe - all in a pursuit of a villain bent on splitting the time stream for his own gain.

This time Saira, Archer and their friends have to travel into 15th century France during The Hundred Years' War, and I admit I was hooked straight away. I LOVE this time period, mostly due to my intense crush on Catherine series by Juliette Benzoni, which I read countless times in my teenage years, but it's also oh so....juicy! and Miss White depicted it really well.

Changing Nature is extremely well-paced, very intense and well-crafted. Saira is a fantastic heroine. She reminds me of Buffy Summers with her tenacity, levelheadedness and the ability to gather loyal supporters around her who will follow her into the fire. Despite her superpower (time travel) she is an ordinary tomboy with a knack for free running, and that only makes me admire her even more. Great story, awesome series, very much recommended. ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
The Immortal Descendants Series continues to be enjoyable to me. Not only are the characters interesting, but the setting is always well put together. No matter what situation Saira and her friends are put in, I am always really excited to see how they will pull off their mission.

I don't want to get into the storyline because that is something you really need to experience. I will say that Paris in 1429 is full of danger and Saira, Archer, Ringo, Charlie and Connor had their work cut out for them. I am always surprised at the way the characters are able to work together and navigate a time that they are not used to. Saira has grown a lot and allows others to take the lead when needed. I really enjoyed getting to know Connor and Charlie more in CHANGING NATURE. Connor will be a force to be reckoned with when he is older and Charlie is just a really good person and deserves the best. Her and Ringo together are just too darn cute as well, I really hope they get a HEA no matter what life brings them in the rest of the series.

My only small complaint? The relationship progression between Saira and Archer. It of course progresses in each book, but i want it to progress MORE. I know Archer has known Saira a lot longer than Saira has known Archer, but I can't help but want to push them farther along than where they are. I just love them. So, not really a complaint, just me being impatient lol.

This is definitely a series you want to read. I am not a huge time travel reader, but the Immortal Descendants Series is so much more than time travel and I am so glad I gave book one, MARKING TIME, a chance when I was asked to review it. I am always super quick to jump into each installment when it hits my inbox. Do yourself a favor and start from book 1.

* This book was provided free of charge from the author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  STACYatUFI | Feb 20, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,448,653 books! | Top bar: Always visible