2000 AD Prog 1813 by Fleetway Publications

by 2000 AD

212,551,640 (4.5)None
Recently added bycalum-iain, ElizaJane

This issue includes:

Judge Dredd: Heller's Last Stand, Part One - Judge Heller is having an assessment day by none other than Dredd himself, they were trained together. We find out though, that a crimelord is holding Heller's secret girlfriend hostage in return that Heller makes sure Dredd gets hit this day. Good set up. I like stories of the "old" Judges; ones who turned out differently than Dredd. 4/5

Savage, Book 8: Rise Like Lions, Part 2 - The Mark IIs are demonstrated to Savage. He sees their "ethical governor" in action and how it evaluates the minimum damage and most cost-effective kills. He also gets an example of the moral sophistication of the "guilt patch" put into decision making. Then at a dinner party things are set in motion for the Battle of London. Savage is to return as a leader but not participate in front-line fighting. Enjoying the story so far and what I know about the robots is making sense in this "before" scenario from what I read earlier. Looking forward to more. 4/5

Ampney Crucis Investigates: The Entropy Tango, Part Two - Found I was looking forward to this one. And I'm liking it! Found that someone must have meddled with a time portal to bring the prehistoric monsters through and I've found out Ampney *wants* to get back to his own time-world. Finding whose behind this may help him. On his way to a dinner party with the Mauritanian Ambassador he finds he's mistaken and it's actually the Martian Ambassador who requested his company! 5/5

The Red Seas: Fire Across the Deep, Part 2 - A filler to set-up some info. The boat is flying now with some kind of propeller. We learn that some of the crew are immortal. That two are brothers and the female is their cousin. We see that time as we know it has no meaning in this place. It is more God's time: a day = a week, a year, a century, all? The issue ends with them arriving at some sort of entrance. (4/5)

Strontium Dog: The Life and Death of Johnny Alpha, Chapter Three: Mutant Sprint, Part Two - Action-packed episode as Johnnie, Maxie (a mutant) and Sir Pelham (under the control of a monster thing) make their escape from the authorities who have sterilized the mutants through the water. Love Ezquerra's art. 5/5 ( )
  ElizaJane | May 24, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,453,764 books! | Top bar: Always visible