Trusting Liam: A Taking Chances and…

Trusting Liam: A Taking Chances and Forgiving Lies Novel

by Molly McAdams

Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A great sexy romance that all new adult fans don’t want to miss.

Opening Sentence: Cracking an eye open, I immediately shut it against the harsh light coming into the room and bit back a groan as I felt the pounding in my head.

The Review:

Kennedy Ryan likes to have a good time and she likes to always be in control, especially when it comes to the opposite sex. There has only been one person in her life that she ever lost control with and when things didn’t work out it destroyed her belief in true love. She is happy living her life in Florida with her parents and her twin sister. But her father is a detective and he has started receiving threats to his family from a criminal he put behind bars. To keep his daughters safe, he forces them to move across the country to California where they have an uncle living. Kennedy isn’t happy about the move but she figures it won’t be too bad of an experience. What she didn’t expect was to find is the boy she had one hot night with in Vegas a year ago. It’s a night that has been replaying in her dreams way more then she would like to admit.

Liam Taylor is a laid back guy that doesn’t like to commit to relationships. He likes to keep things casual and drama free. It’s not that he doesn’t believe in love, it’s just that he has never found a girl worth fighting for. But then Kennedy walks back into his life. He has never forgotten the night they spent together. He had no name and no number, so he figured he would never see her again, but now that he has he is determined to win her over. But Kennedy is a hard shell to crack and once it seems they are finally making progress her past tests their very fragile relationship.

For the most part I really liked Kennedy. She is snarky, opinionated, smart, and a genuinely good person. I struggled a little bit with her indecisiveness because it made her feel immature, and I felt like it didn’t fit with the rest of her personality. I get that she had a hard time trusting people because she had been really hurt in the past, but it seemed just a tad bit overdone. Besides that, I thought she was a great, fun character to get to know. Plus, she is the daughter to one of my favorite book couples!

Liam was a sexy and irresistible man you can’t help but find attractive. He is confidant, charming, intelligent, and hot! I loved that once he figured out what he wanted he went for it no matter what. Even when obstacles were presented he would just figure out how to get around them. Professionally he was very successful because of his drive and personally he had a good life as well. He had an amazing family that he was really close to. Liam had a great group of friends and he didn’t struggle in the ladies department at all. He is just an all around well liked person and it was hard not to feel the same way as everyone else while reading his story. Liam’s relationship with Kennedy was steamy, entertaining, and emotional! I love how he never gave up on Kennedy even when she was being extremely difficult. To be honest, I don’t know how she ever resisted him! Suffice to say, Liam was an excellent love interest in the story!

Trusting Liam is a fun and emotional story that I really enjoyed. First off, I loved that it was the son and daughter from previous couples in Molly McAdams’ other books. Personally, I was not a huge fan of Taking Chances, but I LOVED the Forgiving Lies series. I think this book would satisfy fans from both series as well as new readers. It can totally stand on its own, but I personally enjoyed seeing familiar faces from the other books. This was a quick read full of great sexy times, heartfelt moments, and tons of drama! There were a few things that happened in the story that irked me a little bit but for the most part I enjoyed the story. If you like steamy new adult romance books, you definitely should give this one a try!

Notable Scene:

“Are you Moon?” he asked hesitantly, and I did snort then.

I started turning to finally look at the guy, who I’m sure was about to give Kira the worst pick up line known to man, when his question replay through my mind. I sucked in a quick gasp, and the pitcher full of the unmixed ingredients I’d been holding slip from my hand and fell to the floor–splashing everything up on my legs.

“Whoa! You okay there?” my customer asked, he’s expression and tone teasing. When I didn’t respond or move, his expression fell. “No, seriously, are you okay?”

There’s no way. He can’t be here, standing behind me, talking with my sister. My identical twin sister, and asking if she is Moon. I hadn’t heard that name since a night in Vegas over a year ago but it was a name I hadn’t stopped thinking of for months.

I finally turned then, and everything began spinning as I looked at him. My knees felt weak, my legs felt like they wouldn’t hold me up for another minute, and I wasn’t sure where my breath and gone. I was hallucinating. It had to be all the men in the gym or the smell of the protein shakes. But I was definitely hallucinating. Because he was standing there in slacks, a button-down shirt, and a tie. And in my memory, he definitely wasn’t wearing that; he wasn’t wearing much of anything.

FTC Advisory: William Morrow/Harper Collins provided me with a copy of Trusting Liam. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | Feb 5, 2016 |
Love her writing!! ( )
  SarleneS | Sep 22, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book through the early reviewers program and was unaware that it was part of a series. I haven't read any of the other books in the multiple series from this author but I decided to go ahead and read this one as a standalone. It can be read alone, although I suspect that I would have gotten more out of it if I had read the other books to find out more about the backstory of the individual characters. That being said I enjoyed the book as a romance. Kennedy and Liam were both likeable and had lots of chemistry. It was a fairly standard romance with some parts stretching believability but still fun to read. Overall I thought it was a good effort and when I have more time I might pick up some other books from the series. ( )
  karen813 | Sep 9, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
While I can't say this installment of this series is the best one, I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Liam and Kennedy were a cute and interesting couple and this story had a lot of the same qualities that I enjoyed in the first book. That being said, it's not really fair to compare this book to the first book in the series as this one was relatively different. For one, only sort of love triangle and not quite as much drama. Second, it took a lot of the qualities I've liked in other books and expanded upon them, which I loved. And admittedly I was so excited when I realized who one of the main characters was! All in all, I really enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down once I'd picked it up.

[Note: received an uncorrected proof (with an amazing lack of errors) in an Early Reviewer giveaway in exchange for an honest review] ( )
  RCW | Aug 6, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This one was a difficult read for me. I generally really enjoy new adult books, but I had a hard time liking either the hero or the heroine. The hero in particular came across as young and shallow, not least because of his workplace "romancing." The writing is lovely though, and perhaps it was just the setting and characters that didn't work for me. ( )
  AnneMarsh | Aug 5, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 006235843X, Paperback)

From the New York Times bestselling author of Taking Chances, From Ashes, and Stealing Harper, comes the new unforgettable adult romance Molly McAdams’ fans have been waiting for—the sizzling story of a young woman who must place her trust in the one man who can break through her defenses.

A night they will always remember…a connection neither can deny…a secret that could destroy it all…

When Kennedy Ryan moves to California, she never expects to come face-to-face with Liam Taylor—the intriguing man who has haunted her thoughts for a year. A man who led her to breaking every one of her rules for a single night of passion that ended up meaning more than it was ever supposed to. Accustomed to disastrous experiences with men, Kennedy shields herself before he can break down more of the carefully built control she’s clung to for the last four years. But every time she sees Liam, she feels her resolve weakening.

Liam Taylor has been asked to help socialize his boss’s nieces. But what he thinks sounds more like a babysitting job ends up leading him to the only girl who ever slipped away before morning—a girl he thought he’d never find again. And now that she’s within reach, Liam’s determined to never let her go.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:08 -0400)

"A night they will always remember... A connection neither can deny... A secret that could destroy it all... When Kennedy Ryan moves to California, she never expected to come face to face with the man who has haunted her thoughts for a year. A man who had her breaking all her rules for a single night of passion that ended up meaning more than it was ever supposed to. But because of her experience with men, Kennedy shields herself before he can break down more of the carefully built control she's clung to for the last four years. Liam Taylor has been asked to help socialize his boss's nieces. But what he thinks sounds more like a babysitting job ends up leading him to the only girl who ever slipped away before morning-a girl he thought he'd never find again. And now that she's within reach, Liam's determined to never let her go. But when a secret from her past tests their relationship, will they be able to cling to the trust Liam has worked so hard to build?"--… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Molly McAdams's book Trusting Liam was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,453,344 books! | Top bar: Always visible