Drive Me Sane by Dena Rogers

Drive Me Sane

by Dena Rogers

411,664,912 (5)None

I received a signed copy of this book through a giveaway on the internet, and the following is my honest opinion.

While this story takes place in a small hometown atmosphere in Kentucky I can see it happening almost anywhere. In “Drive Me Sane” we are introduced to a young teenage couple, Sera Cavins and Tyler Creech, who are deeply in love with each together. In fact, they’ve even considered getting married to each other. But unfortunately, a strong, burning desire to become a country music singing star for one, and a stint in the military for the other for the other, acts like a huge saber bringing conflict and an unexpected changed to their relationship. They both go their separate ways with the love they’d once shared still part of their essence; with neither one expecting how fate would one day come along them together in a surprising set of circumstances.

The interesting about all this is the atypical role reversal we find here is that Tyler’s the one who wants to be the country singing star and she’s the one who’s off for a deployment in Afghanistan.

When her deployment is over, Sera needs to have some time and find a safe haven where she can recover from the deep psychological scars of war she’s suffered, scars which she’d never thought would have such profound effect on her psyche. The only place she can find this sanctuary is back in her uncle’s house in the small town she once lived.

While Tyler has had one hit song, he hasn’t made the impact he’d envisioned he would. This has caused him to become frustrated, and to lose his desire to do any more writing or singing. His only thought is to return home to the same small town as well, and due to an unexpected family development he winds up in the same house as Sera.

Being brought back together by fate, they begin working together to resolve the problems each are now dealing with, as well as those they once had.

Did their efforts prove successful in not only bringing their former selves back the way they’d once been, but improving on it? The answer to this can be found in this endearing, and at times, tear producing book. And for having my heartstrings plucked, I’m happy to give Dena Rogers’ debut romance novel 5 STARS.

Robin Leigh Morgan is a prize-winning Flash Fiction writer who's the author of "Micro Fiction - An Anthology," as well as the author of a MG/YA Paranormal romance novel entitled, "I Kissed a Ghost." ( )
  MyPenNameOnly | Jan 22, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,016,196 books! | Top bar: Always visible