The Ice Child by Camilla Läckberg

English (5)  Dutch (5)  Spanish (3)  French (2)  German (1)  Finnish (1)  All (17)
It could not just end like that!!!!
You have to write a new book soon Camilla!
  henriette89 | Apr 21, 2018 |
It could not just end like that!!!!
You have to write a new book soon Camilla!
  henriette89 | Apr 21, 2018 |
The new story from Fjällbacka is as interesting and exciting as ever but unfortunately this is the one I've enjoyed the least. That's ok that in the 'small sleepy town' more and bloodier murder happening than in a metropolis because for example Miss Marple was somehow in the neighbourhood of murders all the time. But it's rather annoying and that the psychopath killer meets another psychopaths (whole generations of them!) wherever she goes in her life. And the final twist is really unnecessary and far fetched. ( )
  TheCrow2 | Jul 6, 2017 |
The book from the very start is gross, the crime that has happened is absolutely gross, but writer's writing as always wins and I knew once I'm starting to read the story I wont be able to put it down, so be ready to be glued to the book until you reach the last page.

Trying to write the review without any spoilers - by the ending which is sort of a guess or until I read the next book - I would live to give the book full 5 stars, but there were some unexplained parts that was important - how about the religious aspect and events around it, how the system actually worked..

Yes, the very final ending - brilliant! The book was interesting, gross, but interesting, how one by one and mixed up the plot takes place finding more characters and their roles in the story.

The book is about finding who are behind copy cat gross woman/girl torture killer and finding new leads for Erika's next book she is about to write and is stuck. The book is going to be based on true crime and there is still so much mystery involved, not knowing anything for sure. Step by step she is about to find more clues and put the puzzle together. ( )
  ilonita50 | Oct 30, 2016 |
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

I was quite surprised to not find this book in English translation yet. I mean the Dutch translation has been out for three quarters of a year and the English one isn't even announced as far as I could tell, even though all the other books in the series were translated.

However, I've always enjoyed the stories a lot, even though they're usually not very suspenseful and contain for a large part not-detective stuff and the eating of the Swedish cinnamon buns (the ones they also sell at Ikea).

This book is not different from the other ones I've read. When a missing girl is found back, there are only more questions than before.

I always need to turn a switch because in these novels, policing isn't done by the police. Instead Erica, a crime-writer and wife of police officer Patrick is solving everything. So, I realize this isn't the most believable kind of story, but still I enjoy them from time to time. I used to frequently read Scandinavian detectives but this is one of the few series left from which I buy every new book blindly. I finished this story in a single reading.

I hope the next book won't take as long as this one though! ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
Per a en Simon
EL CAVALL VA ENSUMAR LA POR fins i tot abans que la noia sortís d'entremig dels arbres.

January, Fjllbacka. A semi-naked girl wanders through the woods in freezing cold weather. When she finally reaches the road, a car comes out of nowhere. It doesn't manage to stop. By the time Detective Patrik Hedstrm receives word of the accident, the girl has already been identified. Four months ago she disappeared on her way home from the local riding school, and no one has seen her since. It quickly becomes clear that she has been subjected to unimaginably brutal treatment. And it's likely she's not the only one. Meanwhile, Patrik's wife, crime writer Erica Falck, is looking into an old case ? a family tragedy that led to a man's death. His wife was convicted of murder, but Erica senses that something isn't right. What is the woman hiding? As Erica digs deeper, the past starts to cast a shadow over the present and Patrik is forced to see his investigation in a whole new light.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,513,688 books! | Top bar: Always visible