Re-Wired by Gregory Dragon

Re-Wired

by Gregory Dragon

173587,099 (5)None

This is insane. And I mean that in a HOLY MIND FUCK THIS IS AMAZING sort of way. This novel will have you glued to it's pages from start to finish. Greg Dragon has created a unique, science fiction master piece that will confuse the hell out of you! The author uses a mix of robotics, romance, addiction, and those wonderful negative family relationships we all know and love to craft an original story you won't see coming. It starts off with the main nerd, Brad. He's a genius in his own right, but not when it comes to women. Like the description says, he becomes determined in creating an artificial woman to solve this problem. But at what cost? Lose yourself in this engaging sci-fi novel. I promise you, you haven't read anything like it before. I love how the author manages to explore the horrors of poor choices through such an engaging, off beat path I can honestly say I've never taken before. It keeps you invested in the characters, and despite the endless guessing on the reader's part, it will still manage to surprise you. Bravo, good sir. You've successfully made an AI nerd out of me. ( )
  marybethdevaney | Oct 12, 2016 |
What an odd book. I literally just finished this and I'm not entirely sure how I felt about it. It had a definite 'gollum' type story to it (not LOTR but the legend of clay people brought to life). I'm not sure if it's a re-telling or not.

I think part of the reason I can't decide how I feel about the actual story is because of the narration. It felt like the narrator was reading the sentences for the first time, causing odd breaks where there shouldn't be, statements read as questions and vice versa. There was a feeling that the narrator was constantly distracted. I'm disappointed at the lack of quality and that audible would allow such a poorly produced title on their site.

I feel like if someone had taken the time to listen to a five minute sample shortly after the narrator began the project, they could've easily been coached to do a much better job with the narration.

I was provided with a free copy of this audio book by the author, publisher or narrator in exchange for an unbiased review.
  littlebear514 | Sep 18, 2015 |
This story starts out like Weird Science and ends up being a sociopolitical commentary. It was intriguing and heartwarming, a realistic view of future problems, including misogyny, speciesism, drug addiction, and hate crimes. It could have been just another science fiction story about androids, and the geniuses who make them, but Dragon made it carry a powerful message. I truly enjoyed this book. *I was given a copy of this book by the author, in exchange for an honest review* ( )
  LizaRobbins | Aug 27, 2015 |

Brad Barkley is a gifted college student with a passion for robotics but a poor track record with the opposite sex. He is in love with Mika Scheider, a fellow student in his Robotics class. After learning that Mika has a boyfriend, Brad focuses on his own android creation, Tricia, but there's something not quite right--Tricia is just a little too real, a little too not robotic and a whole lot like a human.

Tricia is one of the most advanced androids ever created but Brad's obsession may have come at a price. While he's built a woman that will love him, he never realizes the Pandora's Box he's blown wide open that could destroy humanity!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:29 -0400)

Gregory Dragon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,469,924 books! | Top bar: Always visible