Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Tlooth by Harry Mathews

Tlooth (1966)

by Harry Mathews

DmENTAL
Written in short chapters, the narrative of TLOOTH is awash with absurdist digressions and surreal imagery. Halfway through I was somewhat confused. By the end I was pleasantly bemused. All in all I enjoyed the author's limpid style and the many dreamlike happenings. The point of writings like this isn't necessarily the story, more the incidental side-stepping and strange instances that occur along the way, and this novel is loaded with such deviations - "play with games, puzzles, arcana, and stories within stories" as it says on the back cover. I'd define it as elegantly mind-boggling. A curious creation. ( )
  BlackGlove | Jan 20, 2018 |
Extremely hard to review, especially as I read in ms so long ago. I don't recall a word of it. But that's no reflection on Harry. It's a reflection on me. I was hiding in it at the time.
  StephenG | Jan 29, 2009 |
It is a mistake to regard one disease as more divine than another, since all is human and all divine.

Hippocrates
Mannish Madame Nevtaya slowly cried "Fur bowls!" and the Fideist batter, alert to the sense behind the sound of her words, jogged toward first base.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,533,347 books! | Top bar: Always visible