Search for the Shadow Key (Dreamtreaders) by…

Search for the Shadow Key (Dreamtreaders)

by Wayne Thomas Batson

Yes, you already know that I liked this book. One can even say eventually I might come to love it. Why, you ask? Let me let you in on a little secret. When I first read The Hunger Games, I was confused, but I enjoyed it. Did I love it? No. Do I love it now. Many times over, YES. It took the second time I read the book, for me to fully appreciate and LOVE it. The Dreamtreaders series is just that. I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it by the time I re-read the series. Like The Hunger Games, The Dreamtreaders, Book 1 of the series took a little more to get into. There were some confusion in technicality and dreams. It's so ethereal that it took some time, but ultimately and followed through and became so absorb in it. Luckily, I had Book 2, Search for the Shadow Key readily available to continue on. Since I understood the basics already, I was able to immerse my mind throughout the sequence of events in book 2. O, was I glad that Book 2, Search for the Shadow Key doesn't require me to get into the mode and re-learn all I got from Book 1! I was able to get right into the action and LOVED it! There's action, adventure, twists and of course drama between the characters! A sequel that works! Woohoo! You'll need to read Book 1 to full grasp how great this sequel is, so get to it!

NOTE: I received a complimentary digital copy of this book through NetGalley for an honest review. ( )
  justcommonly | Mar 15, 2016 |
Title: Search for the Shadow Key (Dreamtreaders Book #2)
Author: Wayne Thomas Batson
Pages: 336
Year: 2014
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
My rating is 4 stars.
The Search for the Shadow Key is a fast-paced fantasy thriller that brings back Archer Keaton to the World of Dreams, but this time facing greater challenges than before. Archer is now the only Dreamtreader left to prevent a rift from happening, which would merge the Dream and reality together to create a chaotic nightmare for the world. Dangers, trickery and temptation face Archer at every turn and he must gain help soon or it will be the beginning of the end of the world.
What I liked most about this second book is its important themes like making wise choices for the greater good even though they are unpopular choices, resisting the temptation to make wrong decisions with the intent to do good, being a light in a world of darkness, and learning not to lose sight of why God calls us to do the things that He has called us to do. The book brings back old characters and introduces some new likeable characters. It also provides some interesting twists and turns in the story, but still makes plenty of connection to the first book. There was nothing in the book that I didn’t like. Some readers may not like the fact that Keaton’s best friend Kara has turned against him for the sake of gaining power in the Dream world; however, a lesson can be gleaned from this. Christians can be friends with non-Christians, but standing for our beliefs and not living the ways of the world like they do can be a cause to lose their friendship. My mom (and I’m sure others too) has had experience with this, and though I’m still young I’m sure I will gain some of this experience as I get older.
I would recommend this book to others because of the lessons we can learn from it like being leaders and standing up for our beliefs. Though we stumble and fall sometimes, which is fine, we just pick ourselves up, learn from our mistakes and just continue to glorify God, seek Him with all our hearts, souls and minds.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Nov 10, 2015 |

As the only living Dreamtreader, fourteen-year-old Archer must protect the waking world from the evil lurking in the Dream, but when his family and friends begin to disappear, unexpected help comes from the Wind Maiden, a mysterious angelic being who seems to know how Archer can rescue his loved ones and defeat the new Nightmare King.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,458,187 books! | Top bar: Always visible