With Vics You Get Eggroll by Diane Vallere

With Vics You Get Eggroll

by Diane Vallere

Charming and delightful, like the rest of the series

I try to not be too repetitive, but I can't find another word that fits this book (this series) other than "charming".

I love the 60s Doris Day flavour, I love the stories, and with every book my opinion on who Madison should date gets stronger. In this book, the relationships with Hudson and Tex change and get deeper, but not necessarily in the way I was thinking. So I found plenty of surprising twists and was well and truly hooked from the first page. ( )

4 STARS

For a decorator Madison Night sure gets involved with a bunch of murders. This is a charming murder mystery with a Doris Day influence. I did not even pick up on the name until I went looking for information about the book. With six you get eggrolls. So I am sure I missed a whole bunch of references.

Madison Night is a decorator who specializes in the 60's. She is a big Doris Day fan. She is single. Her dog is named Rocky. She does not want to let people into her life. She realizes that she already has.

Someone in the Dallas area is kidnapping women. So the women are scared. When the first body shows up a clue is found that leads the police to their own Lt. Tex Allen. Madison has flirted with him and she believes in him.

Madison has also liked her handyman Hudson. He has been gone for a few months.

Madison keeps showing up where the missing women are found or taken. Someone is framing Allen. Madison is determined to help him.

This is a clean read. Has some humor, lots of information about the 60's fashion and decorating ideas.

I was given this ebook to read by Net Galley and Henery Press. In return I agreed to give honest review of With Vics you Get Eggroll ( )
  rhonda1111 | Apr 21, 2015 |
Mid century designer Madison Night is definitely the star of her own life. Her love of Doris Day is already cemented, and the character has been able to grow in each story way past the explanations of the names of dogs and places. Madison’s working on a mid century restoration for a Cali couple, who have recently returned to the area. News of the Lakewood Abductor, described as a cop with a badge identifying Lt. Tex Allen, prompts Madison into helping her friend clear his name, as the abductor becomes killer. There are a lot of storylines going on throughout. Hudson, Madison’s usual handyman is on the road. Her apartment building is emptying out and her hidden ranch house isn’t so hidden anymore. The great thing about this mystery is that Vallere is able to tie together so many strings of the story into one surprising ending. I had some guesses along the way, but with so many avenues to explore, didn’t have it exactly right. ( )
  ethel55 | Apr 15, 2015 |

Interior Decorator Madison Night has her hands full with a demanding client and a product endorsement, but when the news shifts from reports of recently abducted women to the discovery of a dead body, she can't deny the danger. Evidence from the scene links the flirtatious Lt. Tex Allen to the crime, taking him off the case. As more abductees are either released or killed, Tex struggles with his suspension, on the brink of turning vigilante. Madison's own life is complicated by the return of her hunky handyman, Hudson James. When seemingly unrelated events lead back to the abductions, she exposes a secondary agenda, a copycat crime, and a vengeful plot to destroy someone she loves.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,675,658 books! | Top bar: Always visible