DC Entertainment Essential Graphic Novels…

DC Entertainment Essential Graphic Novels and Chronology 2015

by DC Comics

202515,329 (4.4)None

Honestly, I don't even know how to review this book, nor do I know where it came from. One day, it was just there! Seriously! What I can say is, because I am a fan of all superheroes, I enjoyed thumbing through this baby.

It's a catalog of all things super: where to begin, the most relevant, the ones who adapted with the cultures, and so much more. It was DC's way of showing you the vast world of graphic novels and exactly which one fits you, the reader. I grew up on comics, baseball cards and the very first issue of YM magazine, so I know beginnings... (OH Dang! YM stopped in 2004!) Anyway, take a peek at the video to see what's inside.

Each year a new catalog is to be released so be looking for another some time soon!
Song: "Batman" is from Lego Movie Soundtrack.
*For the full review & video: http://tinyurl.com/hne7nl2
** Catalog from DC Entertainment, for an honest review. ( )
  AReneeHunt | Aug 18, 2016 |

First, I love this cover. I want a large poster of this hanging somewhere in my strangely decorated house.

Second, it starts with a recommendation of Watchmen as a great graphic novel - hell, yeah.

Third, it reminds me again that I still don't own and haven't read a book I've wanted to for years, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Why, oh why have I not bought this yet? Same for Batman Killing Joke.

(i'm going to stop numbering now...)It reminds me I have Neil Gaiman's Sandman to read still.

Hm, still curious about the graphic novel or comics difference from the novelization (not as good to me) of 'Kingdom Come.' Need to read the comics now and compare because of the high rating.

Ultimately this a free, colorful release that advertises graphic novels and other from DC Comics that you don't want to miss. While I haven't indulged in all this stuff yet, I need to, and this is a nice reminder. Also shows some upcoming goods. There's the cover on each page, with a synopsis, some clip review quotes and praise. I loved the Modern Classics Artwork! Must be the vintage nerd in me.

ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,257,205 books! | Top bar: Always visible