Candle's Christmas Chair by Jude Knight

Candle's Christmas Chair

by Jude Knight

Excellent period romance with good characters that I cared about. It's quite short, no more than a novella, but the story and the pace fits well with the length. I didn't feel that the equal rights issue for Min, a middle-class professional young woman, fit well enough in the early nineteenth century: at the time almost no one was questioning our place in the world. However, the story is good and the characters have an engaging charm, and I can strongly recommend it. ( )
  E.A._Walker | Aug 15, 2017 |
Candle's Christmas Chair by Jude Knight

Viscount Avery comes to see an invalid chair maker, he does not expect to find Min Bradshaw.Min rejected him years ago, feeling he was only interested in her money. Min is reluctant to let him in her life again, will she be able to put her past behind? And what does her future hold.

A well written short story. Min is very likable, a hard working woman for the era (1800's). Her mixed emotions flow through each page. Avery has his past to deal with, but he is determined to win Min's heart, no matter what it takes.

I feel those who like historical romance will enjoy Candle's Christmas Chair. I also liked the cover, it is eye catching and fits the story well. ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Mar 11, 2016 |
Historical romance without a lot of conflict. Good for someone looking for a brief distraction. ( )
  SylviaC | Nov 24, 2015 |
I think that the story is very sweet, but much too short!!! ( Yes, I know. It's a novella. But stil...) Great characters, but I would have liked to see some witty banter or perhaps some more flirtatious behaviors. I hope to access more of this author's writings in the future! ( )
  caslater83 | Jul 24, 2015 |
I loved this novella. The main characters are very likeable and the romance is very sweet. It's a slightly
different type of Regency romance and I enjoyed it very much. ( )
  N.W.Moors | May 31, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,464,783 books! | Top bar: Always visible