The Secret of Happiness by Billy Graham

The Secret of Happiness

by Billy Graham

Happiness. It's what we all long for, what all human beings seek in our jobs, our relationships, our activities. We try so hard to be happy, and all too often we end up empty and unsatisfied. Why? Because, says Billy Graham in this classic work, we are looking for happiness in all the wrong places. Instead of looking for happiness in the temporal pleasures of this world, we need to learn the secret Jesus taught in the astounding set of teachings we call the Beatitudes – that true, lasting happiness is a by-product, a bonus that comes when we seek what is really important. Presented with Dr. Graham's characteristic simplicity, this landmark book teaches us to live above the circumstances of life and rest in the true happiness God wants us to have.
  BethanyBible | Jan 16, 2010 |
This was Billy Graham's second book (Peace with God came two years earlier.

It uses the Beatitudes from Matthew 5 as the basis of truly living a happy, blessed life. The last chapter, entitled "Steps to Happiness" is wonderful in itself. ( )
  jeaneva | Jan 16, 2008 |

We haven't learned the secret Jesus taught in the Beatitudes – that true, lasting happiness simply isn't to be found by seeking it directly. Happiness is a by-product, a bonus that comes when we seek what is really important. And the things that will bring us the satisfaction we long for are not necessarily what the world considers meaningful.

Jesus did not have to have an outward stimulus to make Him happy, Billy Graham points out. "He had learned a secret that allowed Him to live above the circumstances of life and fear of the future. He moved with calmness, certainty, and serenity through the most trying circumstances – even death! What was His secret? He gave it to us in the Beautitudes."

Presented with Billy Graham's characteristic vigor and simplicity in this landmark book, it is a secret that can transform your life.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:37 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,343,583 books! | Top bar: Always visible