Long, Tall Christmas (A Cowboy Christmas) by…

Long, Tall Christmas (A Cowboy Christmas)

by Janet Dailey

A very sweet holiday read proving that love can change the direction of anyone's life. It's wonderfully written with great characters and I enjoyed every page.

Kylie Wayne has had one hell of a year. She's back in Branding Iron, TX after losing her husband and their home. She has two not so happy children and Christmas is right around the corner. Trying to make it a great Christmas for them is proving to be more than difficult. When an unexpected early snowstorm rolls through town it seems that all is lost.

Shane Taggert has been counting the days until he can leave Branding Iron in his rear view mirror. He's cared for his father for a number of years. His father is now gone and Shane is ready to climb on his motorcycle, say goodbye to this little town, and head off on an adventure cruising the country. When his motorcycle is involved in a little, umm... mishap, it appears those plans will be slightly delayed.

She's coming, he's going but what if they were suppose to be here together?? This holiday season may just change the course of both their lives.

I definitely recommend this one. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
I used to wait for the latest book from Janet Dailey when I first moved to Lebanon in 1978…it has been a long time since I have read one of her books. It was as cozy as coming home to have this story to read. I have to say that my taste in books has changed over the years so though this is a well written and fun Christmas story it is predictable with a Midwestern flavor and not as much fun to read as her stories once were to me. I believe that someone who wants a clean Christmas story to read with morals of long ago though written in the present will thoroughly enjoy this story.

Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Books/Zebra for the copy of this book to read and review. ( )
  CathyGeha | Sep 1, 2015 |

"Facing foreclosure on her California home, widowed Kylie Wayne is grateful to accept her aging aunt Muriel's offer to come back to small-town Branding Iron, Texas, and help out on the ranch. But when an early storm rolls in, Kylie's dream of a perfect Christmas for her kids is blown away with the unexpected snow. Comfort and joy seem unlikely, unless a certain long, tall Texan with a bad boy's charm can rope some holiday cheer... No one imagined restless, independent Shane Taggart would work his parents' ranch all these years. But with his father gone, Shane is ready to sell his land and see the world--until sweet, sexy Kylie shows up. The dutiful good girl he remembers has turned into a spirited woman, and Shane wants to give her the warm family future she longs for, puppy and all. One kiss under the mistletoe may not convince her, but Shane knows that love is a gift that will last forever..."-- Page [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,326,342 books! | Top bar: Always visible