Inferno (Phoenix Rising Rock Band Book 1) by…

Inferno (Phoenix Rising Rock Band Book 1)

by Kathryn Kelly

821,035,133 (3.67)None

Inferno is fifty shades of messed up and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy it. I have so many mixed feelings about this some are good some are bad and some are just all over the place. The other part of me is screaming “WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST READ?” while the other is saying “I LOVE IT!”.

Our Story
Inferno is definitely a taboo romance, a sixteen year old with a twenty five year old. It actually didn’t bother me like I thought it would.

Inferno is about Sloane and Georgie.

Sloane sees something in Georgie that makes him want to protect her. He sees her spiraling out of control and no one seems to care the girl will be lucky if she even makes it to her seventeenth birthday at the rate she’s going. He can’t help but want to protect her from not only those around her but from herself. Not to mention she’s beautiful and damaged and god help him because he knows he shouldn’t touch Georgie because he would face jail time if he did but temptation is sure hard to resist.

The story is definitely a page turner. It definitely kept me on my toes and I had to know how this was going to turn out. It is told in multiple points of views – Sloane, Georgie and Cassandra (Georgie’s mom). I actually liked the different points of views minus Cassandra’s. I had to read Inferno without stopping (even though I did have to stop a couple times because of reality). But it is a story you need a whole day to read because you cannot just pick it up and put it down and pick up again. You just need to know what’s going on.

Our Characters
Georgie she’s sixteen and lost. She’s spiraling down a rabbit hole of disaster one where she’s lucky if she’s going to live to see her seventeenth birthday. Does her family? NOPE. She already knows she’s an inconvience to her family, they just buy her stuff and tell her to go about her business never showing her attention or even giving her love. It’s a damn shame. She’s a drug addict thanks to her brother’s best friend Crowell. She’s an alcoholic. She’s a damn disaster. You can’t help but feel sorry for her because the girl isn’t wanted. She’s just there and no one cares. You feel like its your job to care about her so you keep reading and praying something, someone helps her out of this disaster and someone does….Sloane.

Sloane is the rockstar god. He is amazingly talented but does it matter? He’s a recovering drug addict with a list of problems from here to Timbuktu. But he’s working hard to set himself straight not necessarily by his own free will but still enough to try and clean up his image. He sounds like an ass for the first part of the book but then you see the other side of him the one that’s caring, the one that wants to protect and help someone who can’t really protect themselves. I liked the side of Sloane that wasn’t a rockstar. I liked seeing him shield his protection so that he could do the right thing (although it was sometimes for the wrong reasons). I thought he was a far better choice for Georgie compared to all the other jerks in her life.

Cassandra is Georgie’s mother and that is an insult to mothers everywhere seriously. She views Georgie as a threat. Georgie’s young and beautiful. Cassandra is getting older, her husband is bringing in other women and men into their bedroom and Cassandra is starting to obsess with her age and looks. She’s shallow. She’s downright crazy. Once she sleeps with Sloane she can’t seem to stop thinking about him. She’s downright obsessed with him and it’s insane how she views Georgie as a threat instead of her daughter.

Overall,
Like I said I had so many feelings when it came to this story. It was such a beautiful disaster. Once I started the story I just had to finish it and now that I finished it, I need to go on and read the second book because seriously that cliffhanger. I GOTTA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!
  tina_thebookworm | Feb 12, 2016 |
This is the story of Georgie, 16, and Sloane, 25. Each has more problems than they know what to do with, ranging from family to drugs to sex, and so much more. Their lives first intertwine at a party, and they think it is just a one time meeting, but their paths keep crossing - and they are drawn to each other because they are both struggling to survive.

I liked the book overall, it is written in such a way that you develop compassion for the main characters. I felt that the ending was a bit abrupt, I didn't understand exactly what happened. But the characters have stayed with me, almost like worrying about them, so the book did have an impact on me. ( )
  dmjohnson12 | Apr 13, 2015 |
It's been written, that, for the life of the flesh is in the blood.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Kathryn Kelly's book Inferno was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Kathryn Kelly is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,137,691 books! | Top bar: Always visible