The Bright Idea Box: A Proven System to…

The Bright Idea Box: A Proven System to Drive Employee Engagement and…

841,035,133 (4.67)None

excellent book.

as i read the book i kept thinking: "this is the new "Blue Ocean Strategy" book", so I wasn't surprised to see "Blue Ocean Strategy" listed in the suggested reading list.

Even though I'm not at a high level of my organization, I found lots of helpful info and some good idea that I can implement at my level.

katsmiao | Oct 23, 2015 |
I am writing this review at the request of the author who is giving me a chance to win a prize in exchange for purchasing, reading, and reviewing his book.

As someone who reads quite a bit about management and maximizing the potential of oneself and others, I found this book interesting and thought-provoking. However, if you have read Drucker, Gladwell, Rath etc. you will find much of this book's assertions to be familiar.

Essentially, the book outlines a feedback system for lower level employees to help make them feel like they are equal partners in a company/organization. Randhawa reviews research that explains what motivates people to contribute and excel and how a feedback system such as his could help increase employee engagement.

I gave the book 4 Stars because I think that it could fall on a spectrum ranging from 3 to 5 depending on the reader.

3 Stars - For someone who has done a lot of reading in the genre and is not at the top level of management, the book is mostly review. If the reader has a good relationship with his/her company manager/president, then this is something they could suggest to that person. Since the book is reasonably priced, it is a worthwhile addition to one's management library.

4 Stars - For someone who hasn't read very much in the genre,is interested in becoming a manager, and wants to help their business thrive in the future.

5 Stars - For someone who finds themselves in a key leadership position in a mid-sized or large organization but, (for whatever reason) has limited exposure to management literature/training. This book would be an excellent to get a quick overview on how to move away from a hierarchical mindset to a team mindset.
  Scarchin | Jan 24, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,534,923 books! | Top bar: Always visible