Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie

Anyone But You (original 1996; edition 2005)

by Jennifer Crusie, Susan Ericksen (Reader)

Member:Kathy89
Title:Anyone But You
Authors:Jennifer Crusie
Other authors:Susan Ericksen (Reader)
Info:Brilliance Audio (2005), Edition: Unabridged, Audio CD
Tags:(fiction) romance, audiobook

Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie (1996)

English (53)  German (1)  All languages (54)
liked the story but not so much age difference...but oh well. ( )
  Alwaysmidnight | Jun 16, 2015 |
I just read my first Crusie this month, and I think I'm hooked. This is my second. I picked it largely because 1) it was on Scribd and 2) I'm a 40-something single woman and this storyline was like catnip.

Nina is newly divorced and 40-something, content to have a solitary life now. Alex is a newly 30 single ER doctor who is tired of dating women whose goal in life is to be a dr's wife. He's tired of his overachieving family holding it against him that he's an ER dr and not some specialized "ologist". He wants sex and companionship without signing up for the life long commitment. They meet via Nina's ridiculous dog and hang out. I question whether he's able to keep such solid abs after all of the oreos he eats. And whether a man who loves classic films the way he does could really exist. And I hate Nina to death for worrying so damned much about the southern migration of all of her fleshy bits. She's super self conscious about her age dealing with Alex. And that does get a little old in the book. Maybe because I don't give a shit about that myself.

Apart from that though--this is a lovely, take-your-time to fall in like, in lust, in love story with a HEA. And it's pretty damned solid all the way through. Give it a read, especially if you're single, divorced and 40-something. ( )
  mullgirl | Jun 8, 2015 |
*December 19 - December 22*
Love this book! The characters are so easy to connect with. Even Fred (the dog) steals your heart as soon as we are introduced to him. Though the narrator was good the recording I have has a strange air type echo in it which can be distracting when you first start to listen but was forgotten as I got back into the story.

*January 9 - January *
I accidentally got sucked into listening to this again, but I can't help it. It's such a good story. I just love Nina, Alex and Fred. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Very cute story. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Fun romance between an older woman and younger man. I so enjoyed her dog Fred and the hero was also adorable in the beginning plus I always like when a couple are friends first. Dr. Alex gets to meet his upstairs neighbor editor Nina when he returns her dog Fred.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |

Jennifer Crusieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ericksen, SusanReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Haugasmägi, LiiTÕlkijasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lilleväli, PiretToimetajasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Meg Ruley, Fred's godmother and my partner in crime and lit-ra-chure
The last thing Nina Askew needed was Fred.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 037377138X, Mass Market Paperback)

Part basset, part beagle, all Cupid . . .

For Nina Askew, turning forty means freedom -- from the ex-husband, freedom from their stuffy suburban home, freedom to focus on what she wants for a change. And what she wants is something her ex always vetoed -- a puppy. A bouncy, adorable puppy. Instead she gets . . . Fred.

Overweight, middle-aged, a bit smelly and obviously depressed, Fred is light-years from perky. But he does manage to put Nina in the path of Alex Moore, her gorgeous, younger-by-a-decade neighbor.

Alex seems perfect -- he's a sexy, seemingly sane, surprisingly single E.R. doctor -- but the age gap convinces Nina that anyone but Alex would be better relationship material. But with every silver-haired stiff she dates, the more she suspects it's the young, dog-loving doc she wants to sit and stay.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:30 -0400)

Nina Askew, newly forty and divorced, wants a puppy, but what she gets is Fred...and an introduction to the gorgeous downstairs neighbor.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,504,296 books! | Top bar: Always visible