Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie

Anyone But You (original 1996; edition 2005)

by Jennifer Crusie, Susan Ericksen (Reader)

Member:Kathy89
Title:Anyone But You
Authors:Jennifer Crusie
Other authors:Susan Ericksen (Reader)
Info:Brilliance Audio (2005), Edition: Unabridged, Audio CD
Tags:(fiction) romance, audiobook

Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie (1996)

English (46)  German (1)  All languages (47)
Nina has just turned 40. She is divorced and decides to adopt a perky little puppy; instead she brings home Fred, a dog, but nowhere near perky! But, Fred is a little matchmaker, and jumps into the window of the gorgeous 30 year old who lives in the apartment below Nina. Nina can’t possibly believe a 30 year old doctor – a child, really! – could fall for her.

This was a fun chick lit book! I really enjoyed it, anyway. Even if only to dream about gorgeous 30-year old doctors falling in love with 40 year old women! ( )
  LibraryCin | Jul 13, 2014 |
If you are ever sad, or blue, or just want to laugh until you afraid you are going to have to change your jeans, this is in all ways the author for you! Ms. Cruise is an absolute riot, while still writing solidly. You Have to try these books! I am adding all of them to my "must buy" list. Lots of laughs, always a happy ending? Oh, yea baby! ( )
  soireadthisbooktoday | May 4, 2014 |
Not bad! Definitely liked this better than Lord of Scoundrels. Crisp prose, cute characters, especially Fred. Predictable, lightweight, but not bad at all.
  rmaitzen | Feb 7, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book. I've always loved books that Alternate narrative perspectives and this one did it for me. between nina and alex I felt myself talking to the characters while listening along in my car. great hook. ( )
  MadameSush | Oct 27, 2013 |
Jennifer Crusie started me on my road to romance -- I devoured most of her books almost immediately and then, looking for someone once I'd almost fully exhausted her book list, I found my way to Nora Roberts, and then to Jill Shalvis, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, and so on. I'm not sure why I didn't jump at this one the first time I saw it, but it might have been because of the dog. Although I know that's a huge appeal to some readers, I am not typically one of them.

But when I saw this a few weeks ago at the library and realized I hadn't read it, I picked it up and figured it wouldn't hurt. Knowing that I had a rough day ahead of me today, I picked this book out of the library pile knowing that, dogs aside, Jennifer Crusie is always someone I can count on for some mindless escape. And this book delivered.

It wasn't quite as layered as some of her other books, but it was exactly what I needed this morning -- I read the entire thing before noon, unable to put it down. Great characters (as always), some laugh out loud moments, and, of course, the perfect amount of heat. An excellent and quick fluffy read. ( )
  jendoyle2000 | Sep 16, 2013 |

Jennifer Crusieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ericksen, SusanReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Haugasmägi, LiiTÕlkijasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lilleväli, PiretToimetajasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Meg Ruley, Fred's godmother and my partner in crime and lit-ra-chure
The last thing Nina Askew needed was Fred.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 037377138X, Mass Market Paperback)

Part basset, part beagle, all Cupid . . .

For Nina Askew, turning forty means freedom -- from the ex-husband, freedom from their stuffy suburban home, freedom to focus on what she wants for a change. And what she wants is something her ex always vetoed -- a puppy. A bouncy, adorable puppy. Instead she gets . . . Fred.

Overweight, middle-aged, a bit smelly and obviously depressed, Fred is light-years from perky. But he does manage to put Nina in the path of Alex Moore, her gorgeous, younger-by-a-decade neighbor.

Alex seems perfect -- he's a sexy, seemingly sane, surprisingly single E.R. doctor -- but the age gap convinces Nina that anyone but Alex would be better relationship material. But with every silver-haired stiff she dates, the more she suspects it's the young, dog-loving doc she wants to sit and stay.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:46 -0400)

Nina Askew, newly forty and divorced, wants a puppy, but what she gets is Fred...and an introduction to the gorgeous downstairs neighbor.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,623,165 books! | Top bar: Always visible