Batman Eternal Volume 2 by Scott Snyder

Batman goes against Hush in this collection of comics. Hush is the man behind gang wars, riots and terrorist strikes against Gotham City and Batman & Co. has to deal with it all.

Personally I felt kind of overwhelmed with this graphic novel. Part of me liked reading 300 pages of action, and part of me was sometimes a bit confused when stuff happened that made me wonder what the heck is going on, like who is this person and what has this to do with the main story?

Let's just say that some issues was less interesting than others. I liked Batman fight against Hush, I liked Catwoman's problems with her father and of course her and Batman working together (I just wish there was more of them working together in this volume) and of course Julia Pennyworth taking over from her father, who is really sick after being poisoned.

That was great, but then again we had issues with a character called Spoiler (?) and her father who is trying to kill her for some reason (for some reason) and parts like that just made me go wtf?

On the plus side, now I knew what happened to Arkham, why it was destroyed. That made the graphic novel about turning Wayne Mansion into the new Arkham a bit more comprehensible.

The art was almost always great, some issues was not that good, but overall very pleasant to read. Loved the cover arts.

I received this copy from DC Comics through Edelweiss in return for an honest review! Thank you! ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
I received this from DC Comics and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Outstanding!

Scott Snyder is such an excellent writer for Batman. His skill at weaving a complex storyline is amazing to behold, and watching it unfold in the pages here is simply fantastic.

And I must say, Hush is probably the best Batman villain hands-down. He's an amazing foil to the plans Bruce Wayne/Batman has laid for Gotham City over the years.
  ssimon2000 | May 31, 2016 |
So, apparently Hush is back and yet again he doesn’t just want to kill Batman, he wants to destroy him entirely.

There’s also much more Stephanie Brown in this one which I liked (Go Spoiler!), and actually quite a bit of Batgirl as well (pre-Burnside), and some Red Robin and Red Hood. Seeing all the characters in a Batman title was cool.

There was more Julia Pennyworth. I wasn’t sure how she would fit into this story, but it did work well.

And then there was the stuff with Catwoman, lots of info about her and a very interesting turn to her characters.

All in all it was a very good TPB, just packed with good stories and art. Solid four stars.

I got this advanced galley through Netgalley on behalf of DC Entertainment ( )
  DanieXJ | Jul 15, 2015 |

Batman struggles to keep the peace when Commissioner Gordon is arrested, a situation that is further complicated by a new power structure in Gotham.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,622,567 books! | Top bar: Always visible