Who Am I? Theology of the Body in Prayer by…

Who Am I? Theology of the Body in Prayer

by Gerard-Marie Anthony

1None3,689,591NoneNone
Recently added byCraigTerri

No reviews

“Pope John Paul II’s Theology of the Body can be a tough doctrine to get one’s head around, and Gerard-Marie’s devotional approach in Who Am I? Theology of the Body in Prayer is a welcome contribution to the ongoing conversation about the meaning of the human person. Hopefully readers will bring an attitude of prayer to their reading of this book, and make progress in seeing Theology of the Body as a livable reality that cannot be confined to the pages of a textbook.”

Matt Swaim
Author of Prayer in the Digital Age

Book Description

Nihil Obstat: Rev. Thomas J. Lehning, STL, PhD
      Censor Librorum
Imprimatur: + Paul S. Loverde
      Bishop of Arlington
      May 24, 2011
The Nihil Obstat and Imprimatur are official declarations that a book or pamphlet is free of doctrinal or moral error. No implication is contained therein that those who have granted the Nihil Obstat and Imprimatur agree with the contents, opinions or statements expressed.

Who are we? What is our purpose? These are basic questions most people have and are fundamental, not only to our faith, but to our very existence. The answers to these questions are not far off; they are right in front of us through Jesus Christ, prayer, and the Theology of the Body. Who Am I? Theology of the Body in Prayer uses these pillars to find answers, strength, and guidance to many of life's challenges.

Pope Benedict XVI wants us to realize this and thus has started catechesis on prayer as well. Thus, this book is a simple, quick read to help find those answers and reinforce, digest, and compliment Pope Benedict's teachings on prayer. If you have ever had these questions, are a son/daughter of the Church, or simply interested in finding peace and happiness, and as Pope Benedict states, how prayer is "part of the human experience," this book is for you!

About the Cover

Examining the hands, there are dark shadows with extreme contrast between one hand in more light than the other. This represents the temptations each person faces in their journey for holiness and the blemish of original sin. Also, the dark shadow cast by the folded hands signifies the struggle we have within ourselves since, though we may walk in the path of light, we still are not perfect beings, we rely totally upon God. To see more art from Leah Morrison, visit http://artismyworld.weebly.com/

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 18 Aug 2015 02:07:32 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,242,198 books! | Top bar: Always visible