Ungodly by Kendare Blake
697173,491 (4)7

I give it a 3.5. Several loose ends and an ending that left me unsatisfied. But then again, I've read very few trilogies with fan-pleasing resolutions. Overall, a good series and I will continue to read Blake's novels.

btw. Where the hell was Zeus?? ( )
  Kaytron | Feb 28, 2017 |
This book is an anomaly. It is the best book in this series. Usually, by the time an author gets to book 3 in a series the plot lines are worn, the characters frayed, and the reader knows that the author is stre------tching things out just to get three books. That is not the case here. The author gets it right. There is plenty of action, romance, and plot twists that keep things going right to the end. The imagination and knowledge of the author is amazing. She is able to come up with modern twists on the old Greek myths that are amusing, interesting, and satisfying. There are so many literary puns in this series that, as well versed in Greek mythology as I am, I was entertained throughout the book. The ending did not disappoint and was a very good wrap-up with room left in the plot to provide for more novels should the author choose to write them. ( )
  benitastrnad | Mar 10, 2016 |
While some of the very ending felt abrupt and a teeny bit anti climactic I liked the build up to it and I did like the way that everything was actually resolved. I was happy to see many of my favorite characters return and overall enjoyed the series. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

As ancient immortals are left reeling, a modern Athena and Hermes search the world for answers in Ungodly, the final Goddess War novel by Kendare Blake, the acclaimed author of Anna Dressed in Blood.

For the Goddess of Wisdom, what Athena didn't know could fill a book. That's what Ares said.

So she was wrong about some things. So the assault on Olympus left them beaten and scattered and possibly dead. So they have to fight the Fates themselves, who, it turns out, are the source of the gods' illness. And sure, Athena is stuck in the underworld, holding the body of the only hero she has ever loved.

But Hermes is still topside, trying to power up Andie and Henry before he runs out of time and dies, or the Fates arrive to eat their faces.

And Cassandra is up there somewhere too. On a quest for death. With the god of death.

Just because things haven't gone exactly according to plan, it doesn't mean they've lost. They've only mostly lost. And there's a big difference.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 02 Jul 2015 09:54:40 -0400)

Kendare Blake is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,938,941 books! | Top bar: Always visible