The Introvert's Guide to Entrepreneurship:…

The Introvert's Guide to Entrepreneurship: How to Make the Most Out of…

by Nate Nicholson

A well-written and clearly outlined guide for introverts and their extrovert business partners and colleagues that gives insight and understanding into the strengths and weaknesses relative to finding and operating a business successfully. The general expectation for everyone starting a business is that best practices are one size fits all, but Nicholson proves that assumption is wrongly made even by introverts themselves. One point about the ownership interests that I do not completely agree about is in respect to the author's assertion that no partnerships are 50/50. That I agree with, however, that the introverted partner should take the larger percentage while the extrovert has to be the face of the business, do the networking and build relationships for growth and take the lesser share may not be reasonable. Deciding the percentage of value each brings to the business and divvying up the cash should be equal to avoid conflicts, unless one is a silent partner which is unlikely in the scenario. Overall, a good and helpful resource with a list of references and tools to add to the takeaway. ( )
  jec27 | May 8, 2015 |
Great book for budding entrepreneurs who also happen to be introverts. There are solid strategies for how to make the most of your gifts while working around those things that cause you the most anxiety. ( )
  TheresaUpshur | Mar 6, 2015 |
A solid 3 1/2 out of 5, but most useful as a checklist of things to consider when setting up a business.

Let me be upfront and reveal that I received a free epub version of this book as a Member Giveaway through LibraryThing.

Plenty of hints for the budding entrepreneur, but really a checklist of things to consider/do as part of establishing a new business with some explanation of each item, rather than a substantial guide to the entire process.

The most valuable takeaways: do your research, don't start a business that you are not suited to, and get help/someone else to do those functions better suited to extroverts. ( )
  Davros-10 | Feb 17, 2015 |
Being basically the introvert, I found this book quite useful. It is short and well structured. The advices and ideas discussed there are not something extraordinary, I’ve already read or heard of most of them, but still I found a lot of interesting and also I’ve never thought about my work and my life in general from the point of view offered by author. It is really a good idea to change the job or to change the way you are working instead of trying to force yourself doing something which is against your nature. In fact, I suppose the book may be useful not only for introverts, but for extroverts as well, and not only for entrepreneurs and freelancers but for people who work currently as employees. The book also contains the good reference to useful books and tools, giving the ideas for the further steps. ( )
  SlonBaton | Feb 15, 2015 |

Nate Nicholson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,242,966 books! | Top bar: Always visible