Eyes of the Dead by Adam Netherlund

Eyes of the Dead

by Adam Netherlund

4123279,442 (3)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this as an early reviewer copy back in March. Sorry for the late review.

"Eyes of the Dead" was an interesting read but could definitely use an edit and more character/plot development. This type of mystery seemed very familiar, could have used some additional depth or plot twists. Not crazy about the last chapter and how the book ended up. Not sure I would continue the series. ( )
  Marleen_Cloutier | Sep 22, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
"Eyes of the Dead" overall was an okay read, but I would have liked to have seen a little more character development, especially with the protagonist of the story. The plot of the story was not an original one, so it would have been nice to see a different twist on the concept of police corruption. What was frustrating about the book is that no answers were provided to explain character motivations or situations. I was very disappointed by the ending, even if the author is trying to persuade you to read the next book, the conclusion could have been written much better. I literally felt like I was slapped in the face and wondering what just happened. With all that said, I may still read the next book in the series. But, "Eyes of the Dead" was not the great, suspenseful crime mystery that it was advertised to be. ( )
  Virasana123 | Jun 19, 2015 |
I had a hard time getting into this book. I finally just stopped reading it. Not very well written. The dialog certainly needs work. ( )
  igilbert | Jun 1, 2015 |
Never a Recieved
  ValerieMay | Apr 26, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I had very mixed emotions about the “Eyes of the Dead”. I think the characters in the story were great but the idea was not new, and it had many potential good plots. The actual reading was choppy and many parts did not seem to connect with one another. The beginning was good but as the book went along there were many questions left unanswered and the ending was not even worth reading, just my opinion. There was no explanation as to the death of wife, where and why did the Doctor even come into the story, the white masks (not sure how they fit) and the dreams of Berlin and his partner leave the reader on edge and what about the doll in the hospital room? There had to be a reason a doll was left in the hospital room or why mention it? Was it a camera, bomb, tape recorder, I mean one just doesn’t find a doll in a secured hospital room.
I understand the author is trying to engage the reader into reading book two, but with so many unanswered questions and no resolve, I am not sure I want to read the next one. Too many villains had their hands in the crime which did not make it easy to read. I think it has already been stated in another review, but I too think there should have been a stronger attempt in the editing. ( )
  llovell | Apr 25, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Adam Netherlund's book Eyes of the Dead was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Adam Netherlund's book Eyes of the Dead was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Adam Netherlund is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,047,059 books! | Top bar: Always visible