Mastering the Art of Vegan Cooking: Over 200…

Mastering the Art of Vegan Cooking: Over 200 Delicious Recipes and Tips to…

by Annie Shannon

A special thank you to Grand Central Life & Style and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

MASTERING THE ART OF VEGAN COOKING Over 200 Delicious Recipes and Tips to Save You Money and Stock Your Pantry By Annie and Dan Shannon, is more than just sharing vegan recipes and pantry tips; it is also a sharing of their struggles in their life, when inspiration came for the creation of this valuable book.

More than a cookbook, a great resource; the authors share tips of reducing the amount of food to buy, and demonstrates the money wasted--how to take control of your life--enjoying the positives and tangible results which can be empowering, as did so for these authors, as they share their story.

Seeing grocery bills shrink, while savings flourish, versus throwing away so much food and produce which goes uneaten or spoiled. The inspiring authors, challenge the myth that going vegan is actually more expensive than eating a meat-based diet, (we vegan realize it is much less expensive), while enjoying a lifestyle without sacrificing convenience. We can change what we eat, reduce how much food we use, waste, and consume and we all have the power to change the world. (I am also a firm believer). Chemicals are killing Americans, and if people do not change their eating habits, cancer will continue, heath issues, and obesity. We are what we eat.

On a personal note, I have been a vegan, and a plant-based diet for many years, plus I have severe food and chemical allergies, unable to take any medications, so my diet is my lifestyle. I enjoy some variety, and always on the lookout for good books, and resources to offer some variations of foods which I can eat. This book would be ideal for someone starting out, or on the fence about going vegetarian, or vegan. I enjoyed how the authors stress the healthy yet affordable approach, which I am all about. It is still about enjoying life.

From recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, No Leftovers, and Special Occasions, with Pantry tips, and shopping strategies, plus more. My only negative is no photos. However, since this is an ARC, possibly the finished product may include photos, which would give the book a higher rating. (have not heard back as of yet).

MASTERING THE ART OF VEGAN COOKING is more than a collection of recipes and tips that will save you money. It is also a collection of culinary and budgeting insights the authors discovered during one of the hardest years of their lives (wish I had this book years ago). We all need to make this world a better place to live by choosing a vegan diet, a firm believer in protecting our environment and health. Well said.

If you enjoy this journey, would also recommend two additional books, both excellent references for a vegan healthy life.

Deliciously Ella by Ella Woodward
Cooking Allergy-Free by Jenna Short ( )
  JudithDCollins | Apr 20, 2015 |

Presents over two hundred vegan recipes, including such dishes as green tea and pear smoothie, kale Caesar salad, Mexican stuffed zucchini, vegan gyros, and s'mores cookie bars, with tips on stocking a pantry and using ingredients creatively.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,350,134 books! | Top bar: Always visible