Butter Off Dead by Leslie Budewitz

To get tourists to Jewel Bay and cheer up the townspeople, Erin Murphy, manager of the specialty local food market, is organizing the first annual food lover's film festival. When her planning partner, painter Christine Vandeberg, is found dead only days before the opening, Erin suspects someone is attempting to stop the festival. To make matters worse Erin's brother, Nick, who was Christine's boyfriend, is the prime suspect. Erin has to find out who the real killer is. The closer she gets to the killer the more likely to be the next victim.
Great book for all the cozy mystery lovers. ( )
  bah195 | Jul 24, 2015 |
First, a thank you to the author for starting this book off with a character list. Even right down to the pets! It was lots of help.

I’ve enjoyed the Food Lovers’ Mystery series since book one, DEATH AL DENTE. So, when I saw the cover and read the blurb for this book, BUTTER OFF DEAD, I couldn’t wait to get this book in my hands. It was more than worth the wait!

Author Leslie Budewitz filled this story with twists and turns that had me on the edge of my seat, holding my book in a death grip, easing my hold only long enough to turn the pages. This was an expertly written mystery, from the sad death scene to the surprising and exciting reveal. I had no idea who to suspect as the murderer!

As with the first two books, the characters in this series are still wonderfully charming and quirky. It was fun getting to learn even more about them. And I loved idea of the Food Lovers’ Film Festival. Such a fun idea to go with this series. I’d like to see come back in a future installment.

It’s no surprise at all Leslie Budewitz won an Agatha Award for book two, CRIME RIB. She knows how to serve up a satisfyingly delicious story that fills your senses with delight and leaves you hungry for more.

And check out the back of the book for The Food Lovers’ Film Festival Guide to Food and Drink, with 8 yummy recipes! ( )
  LisaKsBookReviews | Jul 6, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425259560, Mass Market Paperback)

As the national bestselling Food Lovers’ Village Mysteries continue, the merchants of Jewel Bay, Montana, try to heat up chilly winter business with a new film festival. But their plans are sent reeling when a dangerous killer dims the lights on a local vendor...

In an attempt to woo tourists to Jewel Bay and cheer up the townies, Erin Murphy, manager of the specialty local foods market known as the Merc, is organizing the First Annual Food Lovers’ Film Festival, filled with classic foodie flicks and local twists on favorite movie treats. But when her partner in planning, painter Christine Vandeberg, is found dead only days before the curtain rises, Erin suspects someone is attempting to stop the films from rolling.

To make matters worse, Nick—Erin’s brother and Christine’s beau—has top billing on the suspect list. Convinced her brother is innocent and determined that the show must go on, Erin has to find who’s really to blame before Nick gets arrested or the festival gets shut down. But the closer she gets to the killer, the more likely it becomes that she’ll be the next person cut from the program...

INCLUDES DELICIOUS RECIPES!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:30 -0400)

When painter Christine Vandeberg, who was helping her organize Jewel Bay's first annual Food Lovers' Film Festival, is found dead, Erin is anxious to find the culprit, especially since her brother Nick is the main suspect.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,450,530 books! | Top bar: Always visible