Tiramisu Recipes from Italian Friends and…

Tiramisu Recipes from Italian Friends and Family

by Martina Munzittu

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added bypaulinewiles

I had never made Tiramisu before but this charming book convinced me to give it a try. I made the Baileys Tiramisu recipe and was amazed how straightforward it was: much easier and faster than I'd expected, with very little clean-up. What's more, the results were really tasty and even better the day after, so this is definitely going on my list of things I can make in advance, when friends come over to eat. The book is beautifully laid out and I love that every recipe has an accompanying photo. And I adored the section of Tiramisu Disasters, showing that even accomplished cooks encounter problems sometimes - complete with tips on avoiding the most common pitfalls.
[A quick note for US readers: hopefully mascarpone and ladyfingers will be readily available in your grocery store, but if you don't find them easily, do ask: in my (large) branch of Raleys, the ladyfingers were kept behind the scenes for some strange reason.]
Assuming you like desserts(!), I'd be surprised if you don't find something to entice you in this tempting book. I'm looking forward to trying some of the other options including the Tiramisu Pancakes and maybe even the Tiramisu Brownie. I'm delighted with my copy and have already bought two more as gifts. ( )
  paulinewiles | Jan 26, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 099288070X, Paperback)

Want to learn to make tiramisu like the Italians do at home? Look no further than this collection of twenty-five easy tiramisu recipes from genuine Italian people who love cooking. With clear step-by-step instructions and tempting photos, nothing here is difficult, elaborate or intimidating. Martina Munzittu, born and brought up in Italy, has collected these tried-and-trusted recipes from her Italian family and friends. This delicious dessert collection includes many different tiramisus, such as traditional tiramisu, tiramisu cakes, cheesecake and cupcakes, fruity and alcoholic varieties and tiramisus for children. With vegan, gluten-free, low-fat and low-sugar versions, there's something here for everyone. A bonus section includes inspiration and advice for throwing the ultimate tiramisu party. If you're a tiramisu lover, this is the perfect book for you.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 30 Aug 2015 00:09:05 -0400)

Martina Munzittu is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,161,680 books! | Top bar: Always visible