Wicked, My Love by Susanna Ives

Wicked, My Love

by Susanna Ives

Very enjoyable, fresh and gripping. ( )
  Janet126 | Mar 28, 2015 |
I had a difficult time getting into this story, and had to put it down...that is why my rating is so low. I just couldn't connect with the story or the characters or the set up...I gave it a 100 pages, and then set it aside. There are many other books I want to read, and I just didn't want to waste my time with a book I wasn't sure I would even like reading. I felt very confused with this one, and just couldn't get a handle on it. I do plan on reading the first book, since that one has some pretty good ratings and reviews. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 8, 2015 |
Witty, romantic and so enjoyable!

When our current stock of Victorian romance writers truly remembered the existence of Mary Wolstencroft a whole new genre of heroine came into being. The Bluestocking, she's formidable, generally portrayed as women's rights explorers, often overlooked or social inept. Women that today's women can thank as part of the progress to enfranchment, the recognition of their abilities and their freedoms. Not only that, but they present an excellent opening for writers to incorporate intrigue, humour and indepth social commentary. And that's just what Susanna Ives has given us. She's given us Isabella St. Vincent. Isabella is a gem. She has an off beat presence that wonderfully combines the different with the interesting. She is an intellect who wants to embrace her womanhood. The how of doing that is the hard part. I laughed at the language Isabella uses, thank you to Aunt Judith, for her womanly parts. I loved her ability to work out mathematical odds and problems. I loved that her abilities helped countless numbers of women to turn their lives around. If only Isabella could turn her personal relationships around!
Her childhood arch enemy is Lord Randall but in their pursuit of matters that touch the very foundations of their joint banking interests, that childhood frisson between them takes on a life of its own, down paths neither has contemplated. A witty, somewhat different and most enjoyable read!

A NetGalley ARC ( )
  eyes.2c | Mar 3, 2015 |

1847 England. Handsome, silver-tongued politician Lord Randall doesn't get along with his bank partner, the financially brilliant but hopelessly frumpish Isabella St. Vincent. Ever since she was his childhood nemesis, he's tried--and failed--to get the better of her. When both Randall's political career and their mutual bank interests are threatened by scandal, he has to admit he needs Isabella's help. They set off on a madcap scheme to set matters right. With her wits and his charm, what could possibly go wrong? Only a volatile mutual attraction that's catching them completely off guard.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,562,615 books! | Top bar: Always visible