Huckleberry Spring (Matchmakers of…

Huckleberry Spring (Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill)

by Jennifer Beckstrand

186561,019 (5)None

"5 out of 5 stars!! Anna & Felty are match making again! Only this time Felty is being pulled through the ringer just to keep his grandson living with them. Poor thing. Together they try to get Ben & Emma back together again but because of one big secret and a bunch of lies, it might be a harder job than Anna originally planned. But she won't give up without a fight ... and Felty's wise words of course.

I really enjoyed this dramatically touching novel. Anna's quirky ways were all fun to read about but I also liked how sweet Ben was and how determined Emma is to see everything through. All of it put my emotions through the ringer by laughing one moment to getting mopey the next."

Read more of this review and a teaser here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2015/01/blog-tour-idolizing-in-huckleb... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
OH MY WORD!

OK… right up front I have to be honest with you. My plans for reading this book were a bit derailed when my devious mother told me someone dies in the book.

She is such a rat! She just loves to needle me when she gets to read a book first and she loves dropping bombshells with absolutely no explanation!

Anyway, coupled with the emotional turmoil that was currently going on among the pages, I thought I might just be better off stopping right where I was.

But boy oh boy… am I glad I didn’t!

“DO NOT LET ANYTHING stop you from reading this book!”

I always say the current book is the best I’ve read yet and it’s always true! Each one of Jennifer’s books get better and better and better!

“This book is by far and away the best I’ve read yet!”

And one of the best things about Jennifer’s books is that I always want to go back and read from the beginning so I get to read all my favorite parts and then breeze right into the new story as if there were no agonizing months in between waiting for it to release!

And I don’t mind telling you that I had some reservations about this story when I read the sneak peek.

“Surgery… poor Felty. That man really will do anything for his sweet Anna!”

Only Jennifer Beckstrand could write such a story and make it so wonderful! Only Jennifer could write such a heart-breaking story and make it so wonderful! Only Jennifer could come up with such a roundabout story of gut-wrenching pain and redemption and weave romance through the entire thing!

“WOW! WOW! WOW!”

And, as usual, I can hardly wait to start the next one! Especially since I read the sneak peek!

This book needs 10 stars! Can I give it 10 stars...

Review © JCMorrows 2014 ( )
  JCMorrows | Aug 25, 2015 |
Another delightful read from this talented author. I had so many laugh out loud moments. Anna and Felty Helmuth tickle my funny bone. Anna has a lot of plans that usually end up with poor Felty having to suffer some pain to carry them out!

Grandson Ben is Anna's latest unsuspecting victim. Will Anna's plans be fruitful?

Pick up a copy today to find out what happens.

I can't wait to read Huckleberry Harvest, the next book in the Matchmakers series. ( )
  passionforbooks | May 31, 2015 |
I received a complimentary copy of this book as a part of a book tour for a fair and honest review and rated it 4.5 out of Stars.

Matchmaking grandparents, a confused would be groom and his dumped fiancée are the focus of Jennifer Beckstrand’s Huckleberry Spring, the fourth book in her Matchmaker’s of Huckleberry Hill series. Colorful characters, emotional angst and a second chance romance kept me turning the pages from start to finish. Reminding us that “Love is patient”, Ms. Beckstrand’s story is one any romance lover will enjoy.

Ever since Ben Helmuth broke their engagement and took off for Florida, Emma Nelson has kept busy and worked on “self-improvement”. Determined to “keep on a happy face” and not others see how heartbroken she is, Emma has attended every social gathering, improved her cooking and concentrated on being less accident prone. One area where she naturally excels is gardening so when Anna Helmuth, Ben’s Mammi (Grandmother) asks her for help, she reluctantly agrees. After all, it’s not like she’s going to run into Ben since he’s in Florida. Only Emma didn’t know about Anna’s matchmaking plans, or about Ben’s return from Florida.

Ms. Beckstrand does a great job developing the characters in this story; I easily connected with Emma; she’s a sweet girl who thinks of others first, is somewhat of a day dreamer and needs help with her homemaking skills. Ashamed of being dumped by someone like Ben, who she considers the perfect man, after having overlooked so many of her failings in the past, Emma takes all of the blame for their failed engagement. Even though she’s really clueless as to why Ben dumped her.

Ms. Beckstrand also does a good job developing Ben, I was also able to connect with him even though there were plenty of times I was frustrated by his behavior. Hard working and kind, Ben has the tendency to take responsibility for everything and everyone around him. He also has a tendency to keep secrets or keep things to himself that he should share and he never thought about how breaking off his engagement the way he did and fleeing to Florida would make others look at Emma.

As usual, Anna and Felty Helmuth are fabulous secondary characters and Anna’s plan to get Ben back to Huckleberry Hill really required Felty to make some personal sacrifices. I have to say she’s been very lucky so far that her “schemes” haven’t really injured anyone yet. They both make me laugh though and their marriage is a shining example of what being in love should look like, regardless of your age.

Will Emma ever discover why Ben really broke off their engagement? Will Ben share his secret with his grandfather and take his advice about matters of the heart? Will Emma and Ben’s love really be able to conquer all? You’ll have to read Huckleberry Spring to find out. I enjoyed it and can’t wait to see what new adventure Anna cooks up next when she decides to match up another one of her grandkids. ( )
  MariaD. | Apr 1, 2015 |
Huckleberry Spring by Jennifer Beckstrand is the fourth book in The Matchmakers Huckleberry Hill series. Huckleberry Spring is a cute Amish romance. This book made me smile and laugh frequently while reading it. Anna and Felty Helmuth (Mammi and Dawdi) are playing matchmaker with their grandchildren. This time they are determined to get their grandson, Ben Helmuth married off to Emma Nelson. Emma and Ben were engaged previously when Ben suddenly broke it off and moved to Florida. Anna has convinced Felty to have surgery (she gave him a choice of which surgery) in order to get Ben to come home and take care of the farm while Felty recovers. Meanwhile, Anna has convinced Emma to come to Huckleberry Hill (their farm) and help her grow a giant pumpkin as well as other vegetables. Anna hopes that by throwing Ben and Emma together that they will get back together and get married.

Emma thinks the reason Ben broke off the engagement is because she is so clumsy. She burned down a chicken coop, almost set a field on fire, burns the bread (actually all food) regularly, and cannot walk without injuring herself. Ben has not told anyone why he broke off the engagement and moved to Florida. While Ben and Emma work things out, Mammi (Anna) will keep Felty (Dawdi) off his feet with surgeries. Mammi is such a great character. She knits all types of items quickly and with the wackiest colors. She is even knitting a cover for her giant pumpkin to keep it protected. She is also the worlds worst cook (but no one will tell her because they do not want to hurt her feelings). Felty loves to sing but prefers to make up his own lyrics. He can also eat all of Mammi's cooking because his taste buds were burned off as a child (it is a good thing or he would starve to death).

Please read Huckleberry Spring to find out why Ben broke off the engagement, if Emma and Ben get back together, and how many surgeries poor Felty will have to endure. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars (which is rare for me). Happy Reading!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Kris_Anderson | Jan 27, 2015 |

"Nothing gives Anna and Felty Helmuth greater satisfaction than seeing their grandchildren happily married--except for planning their next matchmaking venture. And as springtime comes to Huckleberry Hill, Wisconsin, the air is filled with promise. . . Ever since the Helmuths' grandson, Ben, abruptly broke his engagement and moved to Florida, Emma Nelson has kept busy tending her vegetable garden and raising award-winning pumpkins. She can put her heartache aside to help Ben's Mammi with her own pumpkin patch. At least until Ben shows up to lend support to his ailing Dawdi. . . Gardening side by side with pretty, nurturing Emma is a sweet kind of torture for Ben. She could have her pick of suitors who can offer what he can't, and he cares too much to burden her with his secret. Leaving once more is the only option. Yet Emma's courage is daring him to accept the grace that flourishes here, and the love that has been calling him back to Huckleberry Hill"--Page [4] of cover.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,359,603 books! | Top bar: Always visible