Caden is Coming by F.C. Schaefer

Caden is Coming

by F.C. Schaefer

741,138,814 (2.88)None

No tags.

It took me the better part of half a year to force myself to finish this book. The first third of the book bounced back and forth between one poorly developed character and another, setting up the scene for the actual story as mentioned in the description. In addition, I seriously hope that this was an unedited version that nobody bothered to read through even in part. There were so many errors in the book that I actually checked to see if the author was native to America, the English so bad that it had to have been a third or fourth language that hasn't been significantly used. I did get a good laugh towards the end, though. Henry Marko has the thought that "The last chapter's been typed, all I got to do is write 'the end' to this sorry paperback." I seriously couldn't have agreed more... and there was still a fifth of the book to go. Eesh. ( )
  ERose207 | Jan 1, 2016 |
This one was just too close to a movie with Quentin Tarentino and George Clooney. No titles. It you saw it then you will know. It did veer off periodically, and it had story variances there would have been no time for in a movie. It is possible too that just the overall gore and violence did not help, although I liked the movie. (Might have had something to do with George Clooney!!!) It probably could have been about 50-75 pages shorter as some sections dragged. ( )
  oldmysfan | May 30, 2015 |
I received a copy of Caden is Coming by Fred Schaefer through Library Thing. When I first received the book , I kept putting off the reading for a couple weeks for two reasons, 1) It is over 700 pages long and 2) I don’t do horror and gore. That being said, this is one of the best books I have ever read. I always tell people and it is a rule of mine to always give a book 100 pages before you give up on it. You won’t need to go that far to be completely drawn into this book.

The story is told from at least 10 perspectives, which might sound daunting to keep up with , but it actually makes it more interesting and more fast paced than if only one perspective were used. If you like horror and gore, if you like a good twist, if you like fast paced with great detail, you will love this book. The main characters come alive on the pages for you, whether they are good or bad, right or wrong, you get attached and fast. Everyone from page one to page 744 is tied in and connected at some point and the build up does not drag out. Fred Schaefer is an amazing author, not one time did it take him 12 pages to describe a black wrought iron fence, no no no….every page, every sentence has impact and purpose. There are twists and turns that all come together for the reader. The way the story is presented like a 360 degree view of the characters, their backgrounds, the reason they are where they are and what becomes of each one. You will find a hero in this book to relate to whether you are a man , a woman, a teenager, a grandma (like myself), a teacher , a preacher or even a bar owner. You will find yourself empathizing with very bad people while still cheering on the heroes. I do think that “heroes” in this story are going to differ from reader to reader.

I will say that even though this book is complete and I felt good with how it ended…I still want more! I would totally sit down with another Fred Schaefer book and read through 800 pages just to be part of this man’s world, if only for one more story. I will be looking for more books by him for sure. I will miss Elisa, Ben, Jeremy, Frank and more. I will wonder of the fates of some that though this part of the story is complete, I still feel a sequel would work.

In closing, I would like to say that this should be a movie, but it would have to be a 4 hours movie minimum to allow the viewer the same ride the readers got. And lastly please hire Britt Robertson to play Elisa…I can’t see anyone else doing that part justice. Thank you so much Fred Schaefer and Library Thing for giving me the opportunity to take this journey, I will never forget it. ( )
  juliehall2015 | May 7, 2015 |
This book was good for me. I enjoyed the vampire story line with a twist. It is best not to rob a vampire! This book was a quick read and an easy read. It had me guessing what was going to happen next and who was going to survive. * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review* ( )
  Aly3636 | May 3, 2015 |

F.C. Schaefer is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,110,583 books! | Top bar: Always visible