Fire Me Up by Kimberly Kincaid

Loved loved loved this book!! The main characters of this one are Adrian and Teagan and they are absolutely perfect together. He's a big, brawny, bad boy chef who needs to keep working to keep himself sane. She's a take no crap paramedic whose father is ill and needs help running his restaurant/pub. One problem, she absolutely hates to cook!!

You will definitely want to grab this book and find out exactly how they help each other out! This latest installment in the Pine Mountain series is one of my favorites. I highly recommend it. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
This book was so much fun and had such great characters. It had lots of small town charm with some big city problems thrown in to stir things up and keep things interesting. I just loved all the new characters that were introduced and the setting of the Double Shot bar. I also loved the fact that this small town story had a tough, city guy as the central character, giving it a lot edge!

Teagan and Adrian were both great, but the two of them together and their bantering and playfulness made the story for me. From their first encounter, after Adrian dumps his bike, you just knew there would be lots of sparks between these two. Even though they both could come on strong, their words were never biting or harsh, rather filled with innuendo and challenge.

“Look, where I come from, if I turn my back on something, it usually codes. Or performs an unassisted shoulder reduction.” She leveled an obvious stare at his sling, and yeah, touché. “So I’ll do what you tell me to if it’ll get me through this, but you’re going to have to tell me everything. Unless that’s too much for you.”

The challenge in her eyes, coupled with the determination to take care of things no matter the cost, gave him an instant hard-on. He cocked his head at her, working up a slow grin. “You’re going to get what you want. Just be sure you want what you’re going to get.”

Her grip on the spatula went thermonuclear, and she met his stare head-on. “Ready when you are, Superman.”

One of the things I loved about both Adrian and Teagan was that they didn't play games. Once they committed to something they were all in, and there was such an honesty to their relationship. Although the scars from their past tended to get in their way at times, they truly tried to help each begin to heal and find some peace with the events and circumstances that haunted them. And when the problems from Adrian’s past threaten his future, Teagan doesn't hesitate to try and protect him.

This was another great addition to the Pine Mountain series, a little bit edgier but still fun, sexy, and satisfying. If you haven’t read the previous books in the series you won’t have any problem jumping in to this one, but you will be missing out on some great stories! A definite must read for everyone!

I received this book from NetGalley to read and leave an honest review. ( )
  mjhughes12 | Jan 27, 2015 |

A paramedic working in the kitchen of her father's pub, Teagan O'Malley finds the heat turned way up when the bad-boy chef she picked up off the pavement after a motorcycle accident starts working with her and their mutual passion for each other boils over.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,423,880 books! | Top bar: Always visible