Use Your Words, Sophie by Rosemary Wells

Use Your Words, Sophie

by Rosemary Wells

Summary: This book was about a family of rabbits. The mother and father brought home the oldest child named Sophie her baby sister. In this book the family was not sure what to name the little baby. This reading demonstrates that even though young children do not speak clearly their words always means something. Sophie’s baby sister was crying and the family did not know what to do and they was thinking because Sophie was not speaking the baby would not understand her. When Sophie’s grandmother decided to let her see her baby sister she sang to her and the baby was quiet after that.

Personal Reaction: This book reminds me of when I was younger and my mother would get mad when I used to not speak all the way clearly but I knew what I wanted. So when my cousin was born I would always talk to him and it would be like he would understand what I was saying. But my auntie would never let me pick him up until one day he kept crying and would she could not get him quiet. I defiantly showed her that I could help her keep him quiet.

Classroom Extinctions: 1.) I would ask the children how many of them have little siblings.
2.) Then I would ask the children how do they keep their siblings calm if they get to worked up.
  MarkitaZ | Nov 18, 2015 |
Third story featuring the not so terrible two-year-old. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |
When Sophie's new sister won't stop crying, only two-year old Sophie can communicate with her, even if she isn't using her words as her parents want her to.
  peyrobs | Apr 12, 2015 |

Sophie knows lots of words, but she doesn’t always use them.  It’s more fun to speak in hyena talk or space language.  “Use your words, Sophie!” urge her parents, but Sophie just won’t.

But when her new baby sister arrives, Sophie is the only one who can find out what she really wants.

Use Your Words, Sophie is the third book about the irrepressible two-year old who is wonderful, terrible, and always lovable.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 14 Apr 2015 01:16:06 -0400)

"When Sophie's new sister won't stop crying, only two-year-old Sophie can communicate with her, even if she isn't using her words as her parents want her to"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,464,762 books! | Top bar: Always visible