The Dandelion Field by Kathryn Springer

The Dandelion Field

by Kathryn Springer

"3.5 out of 5 stars! Living the "gypsy lifestyle" because it's what you're accustomed to isn't a bad thing. Yet when circumstances change and it’s now up to your daughter to decide about her own future instead of you to do so, you just have to be there to pick up the pieces and hope for the best. That's what Ginevieve (Gin) does, forcing her to stay in one place for the longest time she's had to in years. Now if Gin can protect her heart from Daniel (Dan -- a handsome fire fighter who tries to help out) and the rest of the small town her daughter and her ended up in than everything will be fine.

This dynamic novel has you following Dan & Gin through their struggle to follow God and assist Cody & Raine (Gin's daughter) through their stressful situation. In truth, I was surprised by the twists this novel took me on but happy I was able to enjoy myself along the way."

Read more of this review and TWO teasers here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2015/02/blog-tour-made-grade-dandelion... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
Gin is trying to make it on her own in a little town. She has a daughter named Raine she is raising by herself. It has been hard on her to be in this little town with all the rumors that have spread about her. She doesn't need anyone to help her or so she thinks. Her daughter tells her something one day that will change them forever .
Gin must decide what this news will do to her daughters future. Will she be strong enough to stand with her daughter ? Can Raine overcome this setback? Will the man she has come to know help her or turn his back on Gin and her daughter?
This is a story of survival, overcoming obstacles and letting down walls of u forgiveness and pride. It is never easy to ask for help when you have always had to depend on yourself. Gin has never really trusted anyone but as the story progresses, she finds that she needs to trust when her daughter needs help making a life changing decision.
Overall the book has a great message and very intense characters that make you want to help push them along so they can see what letting go of pride can do. We all have or will deal with the issue of pride, unforgiveness or standing beside someone in their time of need. Gin is a strong woman but she realizes that something is missing in her life. Will she find God? Will she let the kind hearted fireman into her heart? Can Raine be strong after she makes a decision that changes her destiny?
I am looking forward to more from this author. She writes with charm and great passion for her characters. ( )
  Harley0326 | May 16, 2015 |
This story gripped me from page one. I almost wanted to stop reading it because the print was so small, but I couldn't stop because I was already involved. The characters were real and the plot moved along. I liked the short chapters which made me keep reading, another chapter, one after another. ( )
  eliorajoy | Apr 27, 2015 |
I am somewhat ambivalent about romance novels. If they don’t have that something special, that something extra, that speaks to me on a deeper level, then I would just rather give them a pass. I need a romance with real life situations, real life emotions and real life hopes and dreams. I want more than fluff! Well, I got want I wanted and more in Kathryn Springers contemporary novel, The Dandelion Field. Part happily-ever-after romance and part coming of age story, this novel was a treat to read and left me longing for the rest of the story. This is one I will not hesitate to recommend.

Gin Lightly and her daughter Raine have been running from disappointment for 18 years. When their car breaks down in Bannister Falls, Raine, who longs for a place to call home, convinces Gin to stay longer than it takes to get the car fixed. When Raine becomes pregnant with the fair-haired town favorite, Gin’s first instinct is to run. But God has other plans.

I think the strength of The Dandelion Field is in its characters. Main characters Dan, Gin, Raine, Cody and Evie are complex and act and react in realistic ways. They are certainly not perfect — but are easy to relate to. They struggle with trust, feeling not quite good enough, guilt and grief. Minor characters are well-drawn as well, and I am hoping some will make their way into future books. The novel takes place over a few months and this allows the story to unfold naturally. I never felt the relationship between Dan and Gin was rushed or forced. The issue of teenage pregnancy was also handled realistically with disappointment, lost dreams and uncertain futures giving way to trust and dependence on God. All the characters grow, giving the book a feeling of hope in the face of difficulties. Springer has a light hand and her plotting is inventive. Smiles and chuckles accompanied the more serious parts of the book.

All in all, I give The Dandelion Field a two-thumbs-up, 5 star rating. It is certainly one of the best romances I have read in a long time.

Highly Recommended.

Audience: adults.

(Thanks to LitFuse and Zondervan for my review copy. All opinions expressed are mine alone.) ( )
  vintagebeckie | Feb 10, 2015 |
Saturday, February 7, 2015
The Dandelion Field by Kathryn Springer, © 2014

John Moretti is absolutely the best. And... he has taught me how to take care of orchids. He has also taken excellent care of his wife and family in giving them the freedom to be who they are with huge sprinklings of love. That's how they roll!

Son and firefighter, Dan, isn't so sure of what his family is up to when his mom, Angela, invites a newcomer from church home for Sunday dinner. Actually, he has been trying to figure out his feelings ~* should he rescue Gin from the outbursts that just combust at their dinner table, or... shield himself from the flame he has been feeling?

Ginevieve and her daughter Raine are stopping over in Banister Falls ~ according to their ill-fated auto... at least until Raine graduates this year from high school. But... contingencies seem to have stalled that plan as Raine has other options keeping her grounded nearby.

The unlikelihood of repeating her life, Gin nails down and fervently supports Raine and her decisions bringing them both to another side they wouldn't have imagined of acceptance, love, and peace just waiting for them.

My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest.
--Isaiah 32:18

Gin and Raine find true friends and those that care about them, far beyond what they could have imagined. Steadfast, dependable, everlasting, from brokenness, despair and hearts that remember acceptance they so desperately needed in their young life. Joy found in honesty and trust in God for their now and their future.

The dandelion field is all about love and what truly matters. Others.

You are going to love these characters as they jump off the page and into your hearts. You will want to turn the next page, and the next page... but, they are all read. You've come to the end; they have come to the beginning.

Congratulations to author Kathryn Springer. You have loped it out of the park! Graciousness and consideration for the love spilled from bound up hearts. Thank you.

***Thank you to Litfuse Publicity Group and TNZ Fiction for sending me a review copy of The Dandelion Field by Kathryn Springer. This review was written in my own words. No other compensation was received.*** ( )
  lanehillhouse | Feb 7, 2015 |

This handsome firefighter makes a living coming to the rescue, but Gin doesn't need a man to fight her battles.

After Raine’s dad walked out, Ginevieve Lightly  never lived in one place too long, a rambling lifestyle that defined her daughter’s youth. When their car dies in Banister Falls, Wisconsin, Gin promises Raine they can stay until she finishes her senior year of high school. Gin will do anything to make sure her daughter has a bright future . . . a future that’s compromised when Raine reveals she’s pregnant.

Dan Moretti has only ever called Banister Falls home. After losing his best friend in a tragic accident, Dan devoted himself to responding to fires, rescuing the helpless, and guiding Cody Bennett, his best friend's son, through life. With Cody being the epitome of the good kid, it was an easy job. Until he says four little words: “The baby is mine.”

Knowing gossip of Raine's pregnancy will erupt sooner or later in the small town, Gin's reflex is to grab the suitcase and escape to a new city, a new life. But with each passing day, Gin's feet stay rooted in Banister Falls, and she falls a little more for this local firefighter who shows her not all men abandon women at the first sign of smoke.

As Gin and Dan do the best they can to guide the two teenagers through their early entry into adulthood, they discover together that romance can bloom in the rockiest of situations. And God can turn the pieces of a broken past into a beautiful new beginning.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:16 -0400)

Gin has been satisfied moving from city to city, never putting down roots or making commitments. But when engine trouble temporarily strandsher daughter Raine in the small town of Banister Falls, Wisconsin, Gin promises her daughter they will stay put until Raine graduates from high school in the spring. Some unexpcted news and a blossoming relationship with local firefighter Dan Moretti make Gin want to leave town, but she and Dan must work together to guide two teens through their entry into adulthood.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,411,244 books! | Top bar: Always visible