First, Last, and Always by Kim Lehman

First, Last, and Always

by Kim Lehman

312,001,085 (4)None

I received this book through the Library Thing Member's Giveaway Program and am writing this review, as I just finished the book!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK! It has been a long, long time since I have read such an innocent, refreshing book about high school love (It took my back!) Just so that people know how much I enjoyed this book, I received it in the mail two days ago, and just now finished it! I couldn't put it down. The story consists of a few main characters, but is written through two characters points of view (a girl named Charlotte and her best friend (later turned boyfriend) Miles). The story revolves around a typical (yet believable high-school setting) in which Charlotte and Miles come to the realization about their feelings for each other. The story also includes the typical "popular girls," the pain of not being "the perfect size," or "beautiful," but concludes with the refreshing feeling of bettering yourself and standing up when others are trying to bring you down. Overall, the book was well written...I did not notice any grammatical errors and I can tell that the author is experienced (or has written books before).

Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to read your book. I loved that you wrote me a message and that you are also from Ohio. What can I say, us Ohio girls have to stick together! ( )
  SnowBunniesBooks | Mar 18, 2015 |

FIVE STAR REVIEW by READERS' FAVORITE A story about first loves, lasting friendships, and remembering that family will always be there, whether you realize it or not. CHARLOTTE Hubbard dreams about falling in love on a daily basis, but she’s long rejected the idea that someone would ever be interested in an overweight, unappealing girl like her; an opinion that is shared by her way more popular and attractive sister who seems to enjoy pointing out Charlotte's flaws as much as possible.  AND . . .  Then there's MILES Fiester, who thinks that making the basketball team is as impossible as getting the girl he’s liked since grade school to notice him. He’d have more luck getting his deadbeat dad to visit him for a day. But, in the first few weeks of high school, Charlotte and Miles come to discover that life is unpredictable, love happens when you least expect it, and there’s always a first for everything.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:07 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Kim Lehman's book First, Last, and Always was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Kim Lehman is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,747,779 books! | Top bar: Always visible