Would I Lie to You by Cecily von Ziegesar

Would I Lie to You (2006)

by Cecily von Ziegesar

The gang spends July hopping around between the city, the Hamptons, and other places. Nate's supposed to be working for his coach, Serena and Blair are playing muse to designer Bailey Winter, Vanessa is a nanny and Dan's working at the Strand bookstore. By the end of the book, almost none of that is the case, and I'm not sure how these kids have the ability to be so fickle and flighty seemingly without any consequences. Oh well, it's entertaining to read about and an interesting glimpse into an entirely unfamiliar world. ( )
  EmScape | Apr 25, 2011 |
Reviewed by Taylor Rector for TeensReadToo.com

This is the tenth installment of GOSSIP GIRL, the wildly popular and very scandalous series with the kind of characters that you know you want to hate but can't. Just because they are who they are!

Serena van der Woodsen, Blair Waldorf, and Nate Archibald are still caught in their never-ending love triangle. Serena and Blair were hanging out at Bailey Winter's house as his "inspiration" until they get fed up with the annoying look alike "Eurotrash" models also staying with Bailey! And guess who happens to live next door???

Nate was working at his Coach's house for "you know what" until he figures out that his Coach's wife has a crush on him! Vanessa walks out of her summer nanny job that she really hates! Dan finds a friend in the new employee at Strand, the hottest bookstore in New York City. They start a "parlor" and things end up getting pretty wild! Some old couples reunite at Serena's eighteenth birthday party, toward the end of the book.

If you're like me and have read the entire GOSSIP GIRL series, then WOULD I LIE TO YOU? definitely makes the whole story just a little bit more twisted. If you decide to read this book, I would advise you to read the books in order, other wise you might get a little confused! And that would totally ruin the first nine books! ( )
1 vote | GeniusJen | Oct 13, 2009 |
Another gossip girl book. Summer is in full swing for the characters here, and with dealing with movie producers, mothers, fathers, and all of their demands they just can't get a break. This was not a favorite of mine, and I'm only reading them to finish out the series. They are starting to drag - in my opinion. But none-the-less they are a fast, quick, and fun read. ( )
  willowwaw | Jun 30, 2008 |

Welcome to New York City's Upper East Side where my friends and I live, and go to school, and play, and sleep - sometimes with each other.We all live in huge apartments with our own bedrooms and bathrooms and phone lines.We're smart, we've inherited classic good looks, we have fantastic clothes, and we know how to party... Continuing the #1 New York Times bestselling series about the provocative lives of New York City's most prestigious private school young adults. Sharp wit, intriguing characters, and high stakes melodrama drive the action of this addictive series that have made Gossip Girl the lit world's coveted "it" girl.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:11 -0400)

"Time to throw your hair into a messy pony and cut off your Sevens -- we're heading to the Hamptons! Serena and Blair are now co-muses to a super-famous designer, who just happens to live next door to N's Hampton's estate. I wonder how neighborly these new neighbors are going to get. And what's this I hear about V venturing surfside? Who's next, D!? Never say never--" -- publisher.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,465,667 books! | Top bar: Always visible