Mark Twain's Guide to Diet, Exercise,…

Mark Twain's Guide to Diet, Exercise, Beauty, Fashion, Investment,…

by Mark Dawidziak

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A clever collection of quotes from Mark Twain, sorted into categories. Sometimes silly, sometimes thought-provoking, always entertaining. Makes me want to read more Twain. ( )
  melydia | Apr 14, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
An amusing, interesting collection of quotes from the infamous Mark Twain. Actually very contemporary and fun. A quick read, or something to nibble a little at a time. ( )
  Berly | Sep 12, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Mark Twain was famous for his witticisms and this book collects many of his gems in categorized chapters. There are quotes from him on stress management, fashion, and a myriad of other topics, but my personal favorite is swearing. Each of the quotes is also attributed to its exact source, which I appreciated. The lines are hilarious, exactly what you expect from the man who responded to reading his own obituary in the newspaper by saying, “Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.” He had an undeniable silver time, and it's fun to read A whole book of clever quips from him.

BOTTOM LINE: Very entertaining and best enjoyed in small doses. Read a few pages each day to get a great laugh. ( )
  bookworm12 | Jul 30, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
An enjoyable collection of quotes from one of America's favorite humorists bound in a nice looking little book. The quotes are divided up into sections covering all aspects of life including diet, exercise, work and leisure. After reading I wanted to go straight into a major Twain reading binge! ( )
  cal8769 | Jul 23, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
(I received this book as part of LibraryThing's free giveaway program.)

This not-small but not-large book is a compendium of quotes from Mark Twain organized by subject (colds, fashion, education, etc.). Twain's quotes are of course fun and often thought provoking, and more often than not, counter to current wisdom. What I found special about this book was that many of the quotes come from personal letters and even journal entries, so I simply had not read them before. I feel that each chapter of quotes is a more thorough representation of his thoughts on these subjects than he himself might have guessed was possible. Very recommended for Mark Twain fans. ( )
  drudmann | Jun 27, 2015 |

This satirical self-help book showcases Mark Twain's wittiest quotes about the life well lived.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Mark Dawidziak's book Mark Twain's Guide to Diet, Exercise, Beauty, Fashion, Investment, Romance, Health and Happiness was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,402,533 books! | Top bar: Always visible