Women Who Broke the Rules: Sonia Sotomayor…

Women Who Broke the Rules: Sonia Sotomayor

by Kathleen Krull

The book, "Sonia Sotomayor I'll Be the Judge of That!", by Kathleen Krull was really well written. It was fun to read because of how vibrant the pictures were. For grades K-3 children could read along with the story and have fun. The book informed me and I learned a lot in this book. ( )
  kpacheco1 | Jan 28, 2018 |
This biography is very inspiring to young girls wanting to be something greater that the average girl. I loved how the story didn't hold anything back. the discussion of Sonia's personal life and her struggles with diabetes is something for young girls to be able to look up to. The real life illustrations were something that all readers regardless of race or gender can be inspired by. ( )
  lpittman | Jan 25, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 080273796X, Paperback)

"Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Many awe-inspiring women have changed the course of history. From fighting for social justice and women's rights to discovering and shaping our amazing country, women have left an indelible mark on our past, present, and future. But it's not easy to affect change, and these women didn't always play by the rules to make a difference! Kathleen Krull blends history and humor in this accessible young biography series.

Judy Blume wrote her way through controversy and censorship to become a pioneer who helped make it okay for kids and teens to discuss their everyday concerns, including the kinds of things people don't always like to talk about. Now more than forty years into her career of writing frank and funny books, Judy still has the amazing ability to connect with young readers and adults.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:45 -0400)

"Sonia Sotomayor's path, from growing up in the projects to success in Ivy League universities to her rise in the legal profession is a true testament to the American dream. She broke the rules women were supposed to follow in her life and career, ultimately becoming the first Latino justice to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court, and the third woman to serve the Court"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,765,907 books! | Top bar: Always visible